Thor's Hammer approved for veterans' gravestones.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by _Chimurenga_, Jul 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. _Chimurenga_

_Chimurenga_ LE Gallery Guru

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oh that's nice, I'm sure Thor will be well pleased when Jormundgandr stops chewing his throat!

I myself would wish to have an Indian theme on my grave, you know, incense sticks burning, a few flower garlands, rats scurrying around, litter, starving children playing with old hospital waste and loads of freshly laid turds!

• Like Like x 3
  3. What, no symbol for 'friendly fire'?

• Like Like x 9
  4. Can it be long before the GLTB(Gay, Lesbian, Transgender and Bisexual) Rainbow is approved? Long overdue IMO.

5. I don't think that 'being gay' counts as a religion, no matter how zealously one might follow its rites, rituals and practices.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The allmighty turd burglar and his accolytes before the altars of sodom (the BBC) may take offence at what you've just posted.

However just say three "Ooh get You"s and one "just look at these curtains" and they will forgive you!

• Like Like x 7
  7. An interesting selection of symbols is permitted by the US Dept of Veteran Affairs . I like the Mormon one:

emb-11.jpg

...even if he has got the Yard the wrong way round. Sufism, on the other hand, has a distinctly NAAFIish tinge to it:

sufism.jpg

A slightly baffling point is that the Muslim symbol can't be shown on their site "because of copyrights". Whose?

8. _Chimurenga_

_Chimurenga_ LE Gallery Guru

I suppose it's only a matter of time before this is approved as well.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. So what's wrong with that Darth Chimurenga?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

10. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Definitely a thread for RE-Stilly, this one.

11. But Thor is not a religion, followers wear Mjölnir but he is a deity in a pantheon of Gods where Odin is the ruler. Traditionally the grave would be marked with sacred runes to protect against disturbance or if high ranking enough buried with his ship or set ablaze. Also are the dead going to be buried with their weapons, shield and mead horn?

• Like Like x 4
  12. The Rev Jarrod will be along shortly, prepare to pay penance.

13. If they can have a hammer, how long before they can also have a sickle?

14. I believe they do spend a lot of time on their knees.

15. exactly, there is much wrong with using this symbol in that context. Its almost as if it has been substituted with the crucifix, and of course Thor was not a dying god like Christ, (Osiris , Adonis, Tammuz et al) that is died to be re born.