Thor's Hammer approved for veterans' gravestones.

Oh that's nice, I'm sure Thor will be well pleased when Jormundgandr stops chewing his throat!

I myself would wish to have an Indian theme on my grave, you know, incense sticks burning, a few flower garlands, rats scurrying around, litter, starving children playing with old hospital waste and loads of freshly laid turds!

Can it be long before the GLTB(Gay, Lesbian, Transgender and Bisexual) Rainbow is approved? Long overdue IMO.

I don't think that 'being gay' counts as a religion, no matter how zealously one might follow its rites, rituals and practices.
The allmighty turd burglar and his accolytes before the altars of sodom (the BBC) may take offence at what you've just posted.

However just say three "Ooh get You"s and one "just look at these curtains" and they will forgive you!

An interesting selection of symbols is permitted by the US Dept of Veteran Affairs . I like the Mormon one:

emb-11.jpg

...even if he has got the Yard the wrong way round. Sufism, on the other hand, has a distinctly NAAFIish tinge to it:

sufism.jpg

A slightly baffling point is that the Muslim symbol can't be shown on their site "because of copyrights". Whose?

But Thor is not a religion, followers wear Mjölnir but he is a deity in a pantheon of Gods where Odin is the ruler. Traditionally the grave would be marked with sacred runes to protect against disturbance or if high ranking enough buried with his ship or set ablaze. Also are the dead going to be buried with their weapons, shield and mead horn?

If they can have a hammer, how long before they can also have a sickle?

But Thor is not a religion, followers wear Mjölnir but he is a deity in a pantheon of Gods where Odin is the ruler. Traditionally the grave would be marked with sacred runes to protect against disturbance or if high ranking enough buried with his ship or set ablaze. Also are the dead going to be buried with their weapons, shield and mead horn?
exactly, there is much wrong with using this symbol in that context. Its almost as if it has been substituted with the crucifix, and of course Thor was not a dying god like Christ, (Osiris , Adonis, Tammuz et al) that is died to be re born.

exactly, there is much wrong with using this symbol in that context. Its almost as if it has been substituted with the crucifix, and of course Thor was not a dying god like Christ, (Osiris , Adonis, Tammuz et al) that is died to be re born.
None of the Norse Gods die until Ragnarok, where some will die and be reborn in the new world along with Lif and Lifthrasir the only 2 remaining humans.

Why would the US Army give a hoot what people have on their gravestones? For all the stuff about freedom and individuality, that nation seems often to be run by a bunch of German councillors. I even read the other day of people being prosecuted in I think New York State for growing veg in their front yards - "Nicht veg! Flowers und shrubs only!"

Great! Does this mean I'll get my SLR back to go with me?
I mean I'd be happy for the body armour and pint mug to go into the grave with me but one needs a decent calibre weapon to take into the afterlife.

Much depends on your intention, as it's a symbol of protection among other things then I can't see anything wrong in taking a bit of protection across to the other side. Especially if we have to confront the previously mentioned toga-lifters and the like.

None of the Norse Gods die until Ragnarok, where some will die and be reborn in the new world along with Lif and Lifthrasir the only 2 remaining humans.
According to the PREVAILING mythos, yes. However, I fundamentally disagree that there can be, or ever was an established truly pagan world view. I can see the above coming into being as a reaction to, and influenced by, Christianity.