This years holiday.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Are 'breakdowns' illegal?
Entirely up to you but just because the locals are not city types does not make them fools.

As I said wild campers and camper vans are being tracked and photographed. With details shared on social media.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Fcuk 'em.
Well I was going to post some links that might be helpful, such as where's open but if that's your attitude to us locals then I shall refrain

I follow some van lifers and am planning a build next year. A group of three vans headed to a very remote place in Scotland just before lock down started. They planned to isolate from each other for two weeks and they had supplies for two months. Social media ******* started the death threats and they had to escape.

So, they were forced to break lock down and relocate. The place they went to was private land, with the permission of the owner. Although they were active on social media, they never even hinted at the location. They isolated for another two weeks and did various jobs for their host. Armed police turned up one night looking for someone and left them alone. After fifty six days, the owner received a visit from the local council and they had to leave, breaking lock down again.

One of the them has been hounded out of a new location already.

Unlike the pikey scumbags, they keep to themselves, often tidying a site to avoid accusations. If campsites were open, they would be there.

Their home is on wheels, they haven't got anywhere else to go.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

the problem with the North of Scotland, now that the NC500 has been established , is the lack of facilities for motorhomes,
Motorhomes are now very popular , there are thousands of them in the UK, yet there are no facilities to drain toilets refill water , pitch up for the night unless you use a caravan site, and paying way in excess for the privilege of using them
Here's a solution, and it could be profitable to your local communities

Most villages in the area have a church , and usually that church has a car park .(maybe even a patch of overgrown unused land) Allow motorhomers to park there during the week , after all they will probably be empty every day except Sunday
Get in touch with an organisation like Camping Car Parks , who will make it a secure area, probably plant trees arount it , instal fences, or boulder boundries for 50% of cash taken , sort out waste , pitches , water and electricity, and charge users a fee , probably about a tenner a night

work that out , maybe 10 vans @£10 /might , that's £50 a night £300ish a week , £1200 a month during the season, going into your church/village coffers, and you don't have to do anything yourselves , except take the cash, with the added bonus that those campers will probably use your local shops pub and bring more business into your small town /village

You get a clean safe entry controlled small camper park , that wont allow "travellers" on the site , and if they do get on , the company has the right to kick them off, anyway something like CCP have a max stay period then you are forced to leave

Or you could just keep going as things are , moaning about your visitors wild camping and leaving their shit everywhere and wishing that the NC500 genie was still in the bottle

North of Scotland is beautiful, were it not , so many people wouldn't be visiting it

rant over

Or do as Kendal did for the last couple of Festival dates... Open the High school grounds. Schools are shut when the holidaymakers are there, plenty of hardstanding and they even opened up the PE block toilets. Perfect.

My English wife led the charge on getting the council to erect “no ovenight parking” signs in the carpark for the local park. Despite there being three campsites around the town, the freeloading cnts in their campervans were taking over the car park throughout the summer and at weekends especially, they pretty much filled the place.
This attracted the tinkers and their feral dogs, and it all came to a head when my wife and our dog were attacked by a pack of pikey Jack Russells.

quilter

Old-Salt
My cruise (for mid October) was not surprisingly cancelled. I rebooked as suggested by the company at the begin ning of June - and was looking forward to the new cruise end of November : guess what - just been notified they have sold the ship and it goes to it's new owners this month!! My trusty agent is now trying to find another so I check out also all the cruise websites and cross check availabilities/cost etc., hopefully something will turn up (no daft comments about mobile petri dishes thank you) life is full of risk and at this great age I take my informed chances. :cool:

Blogg

LE
the problem with the North of Scotland, now that the NC500 has been established , is the lack of facilities for motorhomes,
Motorhomes are now very popular , there are thousands of them in the UK, yet there are no facilities to drain toilets refill water , pitch up for the night unless you use a caravan site, and paying way in excess for the privilege of using them
Here's a solution, and it could be profitable to your local communities

Most villages in the area have a church , and usually that church has a car park .(maybe even a patch of overgrown unused land) Allow motorhomers to park there during the week , after all they will probably be empty every day except Sunday
Get in touch with an organisation like Camping Car Parks , who will make it a secure area, probably plant trees arount it , instal fences, or boulder boundries for 50% of cash taken , sort out waste , pitches , water and electricity, and charge users a fee , probably about a tenner a night

work that out , maybe 10 vans @£10 /might , that's £50 a night £300ish a week , £1200 a month during the season, going into your church/village coffers, and you don't have to do anything yourselves , except take the cash, with the added bonus that those campers will probably use your local shops pub and bring more business into your small town /village

You get a clean safe entry controlled small camper park , that wont allow "travellers" on the site , and if they do get on , the company has the right to kick them off, anyway something like CCP have a max stay period then you are forced to leave

Or you could just keep going as things are , moaning about your visitors wild camping and leaving their shit everywhere and wishing that the NC500 genie was still in the bottle

North of Scotland is beautiful, were it not , so many people wouldn't be visiting it

rant over
Many locals fcuking hate the NC500 and it is getting worse

Take camper convoys, caravans, ordinary motorists and local traffic then throw in knobheads with high-powered cars and bikers. Stick them on ropey roads, sometimes single track with passing places and a lot of it unfenced which sheep etc can bimble on. Market it heavily.

What could possibly go wrong?

Study reveals that the Teuchters of the Highlands and Islands are a set of sour faced, miserable cnuts.

The study also reveals that bears Sh1t in woods and that the Pope is indeed a Catholic.

No holiday for us this year as I suspect that we won't be able to get travel insurance for our lass anytime soon.

After the announcement of all the places that we are "allowed" to go to without having to quarantine when we return I decided to check a couple of our more recent holiday destinations, Malta and Cyprus. Both are on the okay list, and both are refusing access to UK citizens, so the approved list is frankly a bit pointless. In fact it is so limited First Choice are currently only running holidays to Spain and Greece.

Our lass was planning on going to Hungary later this month with her best mate Helga. This obviously isn't happening now as she is still in hospital and Helga has been advised not to fly as she was at one point in intensive care with COVID and her lungs haven't recovered yet. Hungary is on the list, but if they had gone our lass would have to quarantine in Hungary for 14 days. Helga on the other hand wouldn't have to quarantine as she is a Hungarian citizen. The last time either of them left the UK was when they both went to Hungary last September.

The Autistic friendly campsite that we've gone to for the last four years isn't open, and isn't taking bookings for next year either, so they must have got the planning permission for the houses :-(

At short notice, and with all the chavs going camping, I think we'll be giving it a miss this year.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

My cruise (for mid October) was not surprisingly cancelled. I rebooked as suggested by the company at the begin ning of June - and was looking forward to the new cruise end of November : guess what - just been notified they have sold the ship and it goes to it's new owners this month!! My trusty agent is now trying to find another so I check out also all the cruise websites and cross check availabilities/cost etc., hopefully something will turn up (no daft comments about mobile petri dishes thank you) life is full of risk and at this great age I take my informed chances. :cool:
The FCO has now advised everyone to avoid cruises. Previous advice was for over 70s not to go but have now changed it to everyone.

After our Christmas and New Year cruise and coming down with flu symptoms because we sat at a table with one bloke who said he'd been coming down with "something" we have decided not to bother as anything seems to sweep through the ship rather rapidly.

Even without the "urging" people not to go on cruises, the restrictions on no buffets (which I could live with) and limited numbers only on shore excursions (to limit crowds at gangways and on boat transfers) and temperature checks on leaving and entering I don't think I'd be too keen.

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
The FCO has now advised everyone to avoid cruises. Previous advice was for over 70s not to go but have now changed it to everyone.

After our Christmas and New Year cruise and coming down with flu symptoms because we sat at a table with one bloke who said he'd been coming down with "something" we have decided not to bother as anything seems to sweep through the ship rather rapidly.

Even without the "urging" people not to go on cruises, the restrictions on no buffets (which I could live with) and limited numbers only on shore excursions (to limit crowds at gangways and on boat transfers) and temperature checks on leaving and entering I don't think I'd be too keen.

Can't say I have any sympathy with the cruise industry........ I really think they are scum.

Fcuk up the tourist trade, deliver nothing to the various places they choose to go, deliver nothing to the local economy, worthless shites.

wheel

LE
Study reveals that the Teuchters of the Highlands and Islands are a set of sour faced, miserable cnuts.

The study also reveals that bears Sh1t in woods and that the Pope is indeed a Catholic.
Its a strange report, there are hundreds of small businesses on the NW500 selling everything from Art and pottery to homemade shortbread- cakes-jams and preserves. These all sustain the local economy. The pubs cafes and restaurants are very reliant on the tourists as well.

Latest Threads