This years holiday.

I've been reading with interest an FB page ref Lanzarote. The Celtic and Gallic nations seem to be taking great joy from the fact that England has suffered more than they have are and want England banned from flying to Lanzarote until the numbers hit zero. Yet, on the same page, they are crying again, this time sorrow more than joy, because the prices of flights from both parts of the Emerald Isle have gone through the roof, the Jocks are whining that they can't get direct flights and might have to fly from England and the Welsh are crying just because! Doesn't bother us, we were due to fly out on Sat, got the chance to change the flights to next year free of charge for roughly the same dates for £10 extra each and in between time, booked flights for New Year for 10 days to Lanzarote for a smidge under £200 return for both of us, designated seating & 2 x 20KG bags in the hold.
Bitter and petty minded bunch of cnuts.

I'm a Jock and it's still as plain as the nose on my face.

Teg61

Swinger
Probably just stay at home this year. A trip to Inverness to see our eldest and the grandkids, then down to Anglesey to see our daughter and the other grandchildren. We usually spend a couple of weeks driving in France but will wait till next year.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Probably just stay at home this year. A trip to Inverness to see our eldest and the grandkids, then down to Anglesey to see our daughter and the other grandchildren. We usually spend a couple of weeks driving in France but will wait till next year.

Best not venture too far North of Inverness, there's very mixed feelings about the potential influx of tourists

Best not venture too far North of Inverness, there's very mixed feelings about the potential influx of tourists
My 'on hold' plans for the NC500 are being dusted off.

Mrs Gleebles, being a despised English sort, has some reservations about going due to the pre CV19 hostility and post CV19 shrieking.

Exactly why I've said "Fék 'em - we're going!"

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My 'on hold' plans for the NC500 are being dusted off.

Mrs Gleebles, being a despised English sort, has some reservations about going due to the pre CV19 hostility and post CV19 shrieking.

Exactly why I've said "Fék 'em - we're going!"
Please yourself but you might well find a lot of places shut.

Are you camping?

Just booked 2 weeks with the caravan in Coombe Martin near Barnstaple. Oh yeah Mrs1GM and the dog are coming too. And lo daughter, son in law and grandson announce they “may” join us for the August bank holiday.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Its been decided to forego the annual holiday this year and spend the money on the house. Once Wales is out of lockdown I will get away for a few weekends of wild camping over the Summer probably but SWMBO has had a long furlough like me so happy to not go away this year.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reporting what to the police?
Anything they can.
Technically campervans are not covered by the wild camping legislation so can not just park up anywhere.
Littering.
Disposal of toilet waste.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads