This years holiday.

ugly

LE
I may be able to squeeze in a week on the hill in Oct this year looking at the calendar

Well for those of us who don’t get 96 weeks of paid vacation in a year...

I will take 5 days off next month for a stay cation when the in-laws show up.

I will take a long weekend in October to go stalking. We will have about 4 days to kill ten critters between 5 guns. So I expect to be pretty busy.

Maybe the day before Thanksgiving as it is my turn to work Black Friday this year.

Thinking about taking a few days during Christmas time. I wouldn’t mind three or four days off that month.

Me and her are truly blessed....this year so far it has been Portugal Spain and France, (we'll leave out the week at Great Yarmouth, but we had to be in the area , so beggars can't be choosers ) doing the Motorhome show in a couple of weeks for a week away in the van, then 4th September a trip over to France , along the Normandy landing beaches and a look at some carpet hanging on a wall somewhere , down to Ile de Noirmoutier for a week , maybe 10 days , a slow trog up to Paris long weekend for the Jimmy Buffett concert, and a slow drive up home , maybe via Bovy if the visit to ATDU is scheduled that weekend, and a few days leisurely travel back up North
And she's only gone and booked us a week half board in Lanzarote early December
And the plans are afoot for the C and CC rally in Albufeira again in February next year
Being retired is a bit of a bastard really

Our winter sojourn will last from mid October till early April. Itinerary as follows:

Land Kuala Lumpur fly up to Penang for 10 days. We do like Penang, first went early 80's
I was fortunate enough to have been stationed in Penang a few decade back; in Minden Barracks which, I'm sure you will know, is now the university campus.
With Penang Hill as the backdrop and a magnificent view across the strait to the mainland, it was an amazingly scenic location for a barracks.
Went back a couple of times in the 90s, the old E&O Hotel was getting a bit run-down then but authentic - don't know what I would make of the new, glitzy one.

Well for those of us who don’t get 96 weeks of paid vacation in a year...

I will take 5 days off next month for a stay cation when the in-laws show up.

I will take a long weekend in October to go stalking. We will have about 4 days to kill ten critters between 5 guns. So I expect to be pretty busy.

Maybe the day before Thanksgiving as it is my turn to work Black Friday this year.

Thinking about taking a few days during Christmas time. I wouldn’t mind three or four days off that month.
Dont whinge. Just move to a less shít country.

We are currently at 33,000ft over Basel.
Will be landing at BKK in about 10 hours.
Just waiting for my cheek of Herefordshire beef to arrive.

Chin chin.

The_Duke

LE
Just cooking off some friggitelli with garlic, olive oil and chilli flakes as a little nibble with beers before dinner. Puglia is looking good so far!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Dublin earlier, Festival in England, August and hopefully a good deal somewhere civilised for Amsterdam and Berlin. September (or January if the wheels fall off)
It’s been bonkers this year.

6 days and counting........

October long weekend in Frankfurt booked.

Austria, Mattighofen next to tour the motorcycle factory and sights.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

wheel

LE
Me and her are truly blessed....this year so far it has been Portugal Spain and France, (we'll leave out the week at Great Yarmouth, but we had to be in the area , so beggars can't be choosers ) doing the Motorhome show in a couple of weeks for a week away in the van, then 4th September a trip over to France , along the Normandy landing beaches and a look at some carpet hanging on a wall somewhere , down to Ile de Noirmoutier for a week , maybe 10 days , a slow trog up to Paris long weekend for the Jimmy Buffett concert, and a slow drive up home , maybe via Bovy if the visit to ATDU is scheduled that weekend, and a few days leisurely travel back up North
And she's only gone and booked us a week half board in Lanzarote early December
And the plans are afoot for the C and CC rally in Albufeira again in February next year
Being retired is a bit of a bastard really
Thank **** I’m not retired

Thank **** I’m not retired
Yeah mate, complete bummer

Enjoy work tomorrow
I'll probably do the normal, veg round in my pjs, have a decent cup of coffee out in the conservatory, go for a decent walk, build / repair a couple of my model planes...you know, just like.most Monday mornings when we aren't away somewhere

sunny james

Old-Salt
I was fortunate enough to have been stationed in Penang a few decade back; in Minden Barracks which, I'm sure you will know, is now the university campus.
With Penang Hill as the backdrop and a magnificent view across the strait to the mainland, it was an amazingly scenic location for a barracks.
Went back a couple of times in the 90s, the old E&O Hotel was getting a bit run-down then but authentic - don't know what I would make of the new, glitzy one.
We wander through the E&O occasionally like slack jawed yokels though never spend any money there let alone taking a room.
We usually stay at the Mingood which we call the minging as its very worn though it does have decent facilities and a good location just off Transfer rd. One redeeming feature is the provision of Marmite to spread on the very crappy toast.

At least 3 new hotels being built nearby with about 1200 beds for the hoped for Chinese tourist boom.

Last edited:

wheel

LE
Yeah mate, complete bummer

Enjoy work tomorrow
I'll probably do the normal, veg round in my pjs, have a decent cup of coffee out in the conservatory, go for a decent walk, build / repair a couple of my model planes...you know, just like.most Monday mornings when we aren't away somewhere
I’m on holiday in Croatia stupid