This years holiday.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Blyth update.

It’s still a shit hole.

We got up early and fucked off ASAP.

Spent the day doing castles and beaches. Alnwick Castle was decent but not dog friendly. Massive signs everywhere saying no dogs allowed.

So the missus spent 3 hours wandering around town with the hound while I took the kids in the castle.

Forces discount was a winner by the way.

Then up to Dunstanburgh castle and the beach for a stroll.

Finally we took a drive up to Bamburgh castle and had fish and chips on the beach.

Gonna check out the boat to the Farne Islands tomorrow I reckon.

Blyth update.

It’s still a shit hole.

We got up early and fucked off ASAP.

Spent the day doing castles and beaches. Alnwick Castle was decent but not dog friendly. Massive signs everywhere saying no dogs allowed.

So the missus spent 3 hours wandering around town with the hound while I took the kids in the castle.

Forces discount was a winner by the way.

Then up to Dunstanburgh castle and the beach for a stroll.

Finally we took a drive up to Bamburgh castle and had fish and chips on the beach.

Gonna check out the boat to the Farne Islands tomorrow I reckon.

Take baseball bats......... those puffins are evil little buggers.

I'm off to Thailand in 3 days time for some fine cuisine and great scenery. 10 days in Khao Lak, hopefully a nice bit of beach and jungle to enjoy.
Enjoy, I'm revisiting next year.

Mrs Beemer is there shortly for business purposes.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Right at the moment (nighttime there) the temperature in Death Valley is only 105F (41C) but for the rest of the week the temperatures daytime will be in the 122F-123F range. However at night it will cool down to a refreshing 94F to 98F which will provide some relief.
Not much stargazing though as there is smoke throughout the area from wildfires.
He's still got a few weeks until his planned visit, hopefully both problems will be a little better by then.

Bad start so far.
Some fuckwit in heathrow couldnt be bothered to do his job so the baggage was late and delayed our flight from departing by 2 hours.
We landed at Doha airport 20 minutes before our connecting flight took off so of course we missed it.
Ok, next flight is 0800 tomorrow morning. So we are given a hotel, rickity bus to the 4 star hotel.......errm that is 2 star 3 at best. Tepid chinese buffet that has been out for ages which we hardly touched in case we get the shits.

And we are about to get our heads down in a naff room with damp feeling duvets.

We were due to land at 0600hrs Thai time, now it will be 1900hrs so a day lost. All that planning fucked up by an ******** in Heathrow.

Having a wonderful staycation....... no trains, planes or cars.

My daughters are up with the 2 grandsons, so I thought we'd spend time in our large back garden, instead of tearing off to different places.

We've had 2 days so far, of splashing in a 10ft paddling pool, barbecues, the boys feeding our 2 tortoises, and just chilling.

The boys have been thrilled to find out that potatoes come from under the soil, and picked a load of blackcurrants and apples that I turned into a crumble.

They're both exhausted and in bed now, so I'm going to get that bottle of gin out of the freezer and make the girls a sneaky G&T.

Bad start so far.
Some fuckwit in heathrow couldnt be bothered to do his job so the baggage was late and delayed our flight from departing by 2 hours.
We landed at Doha airport 20 minutes before our connecting flight took off so of course we missed it.
Ok, next flight is 0800 tomorrow morning. So we are given a hotel, rickity bus to the 4 star hotel.......errm that is 2 star 3 at best. Tepid chinese buffet that has been out for ages which we hardly touched in case we get the shits.

And we are about to get our heads down in a naff room with damp feeling duvets.

We were due to land at 0600hrs Thai time, now it will be 1900hrs so a day lost. All that planning fucked up by an ******** in Heathrow.
Wânkers.

Get your claim in early.

My daughters are up with the 2 grandsons, so I thought we'd spend time in our large back garden, instead of tearing off to different places.

We've had 2 days so far, of splashing in a 10ft paddling pool, barbecues, the boys feeding our 2 tortoises, and just chilling.

The boys have been thrilled to find out that potatoes come from under the soil, and picked a load of blackcurrants and apples that I turned into a crumble.

They're both exhausted and in bed now, so I'm going to get that bottle of gin out of the freezer and make the girls a sneaky G&T.
Dear Christ, chap-I read that as 'the boys feeding on 2 tortoises'!

When one of my grand kids visited us in the countryside, the little townie thought that a crate of milk was a cows nest!!

Lurking in scotland for a friends wedding now. Off to New England in late Sep for a few weeks, then a few city breaks before heading back to NYC in April.

Got a milestone b'day next year and planning a big US roadtrip out west...

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Prague (the other side of the Charles Bridge) the hilly side. Vienna, then Budapest.
Usually by now we’d be sitting in a large field in Oxford.

Lurking in scotland for a friends wedding now. Off to New England in late Sep for a few weeks, then a few city breaks before heading back to NYC in April.

Got a milestone b'day next year and planning a big US roadtrip out west...

Late September and early October should be a great time to see nice countryside foliage on display.
If you are in Boston you would drive west on Route 2 as far as I-91 and head north into Vermont. Nice scenery in Western Mass. and Vermont. As a stopover place the town of Stockbridge in western Mass. is a nice little town.

If staying in Boston try to fit in the USS Constitution, the oldest warship in commission and afloat. Be sure to bring ID with you as the Navy has made it a bit like entering an airport to go onboard.
Both Boston and Cambridge have nice museums that are close to transit (subway / trams) If you are bringing kids be sure to visit the Museum of Science.

Counting down that days until our fortnight in the South of France. Just checked the news and it seems the country has had a spot of flooding. Can't see any issues where we're going though

Counting down that days until our fortnight in the South of France. Just checked the news and it seems the country has had a spot of flooding. Can't see any issues where we're going though
How are you getting there, we drove through miles of floods a few years back as rivers broke there banks, this was Dijon to Avigon. Bit chaotic even on the motorway.

Latest Threads