This years holiday.

The_Duke

LE
Twilight Drop Off? We used for the first time 2 weeks ago, made getting through check in and security a breeze.
Twilight Drop Off? We used for the first time 2 weeks ago, made getting through check in and security a breeze.
No, we didn’t use that. Their new structure where they charge extra for carry ons that go in the overhead bin seemed to really reduce the fiasco of people trying to stuff everything they own into the overheads and delaying the loading.

Without looking, I wonder if their base pricing (under seat bag only) plus a checked bag or two per family works out cheaper.

No, we didn’t use that. Their new structure where they charge extra for carry ons that go in the overhead bin seemed to really reduce the fiasco of people trying to stuff everything they own into the overheads and delaying the loading.

Without looking, I wonder if their base pricing (under seat bag only) plus a checked bag or two per family works out cheaper.
We're flying with Ryanair in Sept to S France. For four of us It works out cheaper to take 2 x 20kg hold bags and 4 x underseat rucksacks, than 4 x overhead locker cabin bags. The carousel shouldn't be an issue as I'll be sorting out the hire car whilst the current mrs_mush and the in laws retrieve the bags.

Speaking of car hire, we've seen the scare stories in the media how it's up by upto 70% this year. I can't agree, we've just booked a Compact with Enterprise and we're paying £259 for the week. Up a bit but not by that much.

Last edited:
Finally made it back to Zakynthos on Sunday. Horrendous flight from Dusseldorf.
Worth it though.
View of the famous shipwreck from the viewing platform.
The water really is that colour.:)

IMG-20220726-WA0011.jpg

wheel

LE
Next week off with the kids to the Tisza River (eastern Hungary) for a couple of days on a boat, then move to Transylvania for another 3 or 4 days. Back for a few days and then while the kids are at camp the wife and I are offroading through Serbia, Macedonia and Albania, followed by a more leisurely trip home on tarmac through Montenegro and Bosnia.
When you go to Transylvania dont bother with Daculas Kastle. Vlad the Impaler never went near it nor did Bram Stoker. Its tourist tat mecca.

When you go to Transylvania dont bother with Daculas Kastle. Vlad the Impaler never went near it nor did Bram Stoker. Its tourist tat mecca.
I guess somebody important must have a stake in it.

Did there a few years ago. Found it a bit Blackpool-sur-le-mer to be honest
A few nice restaurants though

We stayed slightly south, but spent our food/shopping time south at Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie.
Been to Saint Gilles as well, but with the camper, nothing planned yet, may even do Honfleur, but it'll be strange without the van...looking at gites, and budget hotels / ibis etc., But it'll be off the cuff of and when we do go

Waiting to come off the Cherbourg ferry at Poole.
Driven from Milan via St Moritz, Vaduz, Strasbourg, Heidelberg, Verdun, Cambrai (where grandad did his bit with the RFA) and Bayeux.
By Jove, but those smaller French towns provide good food and wine !

You need to buy my Bedford.
They won't let me drive anything over 3.5 tonnes from February(age and medical condition)

Anyway wtf would I want to drive a Bedford for, still got the fucked back from bouncing about in one and jumping in and out

No sirree , done my Bedford time

E2A. But thanks for the offer

wheel

LE
They won't let me drive anything over 3.5 tonnes from February(age and medical condition)

Anyway wtf would I want to drive a Bedford for, still got the fucked back from bouncing about in one and jumping in and out

No sirree , done my Bedford time

E2A. But thanks for the offer
He offers it to everyone, and the Bedford.