This years holiday.

We rebooked for July this year when everything was looking good October last year.
However it's just been cancelled on us with an option for moving it to 2022!

We have flights in the US from last year which were carried forward to this year. Cant see that happening in a million years and I wonder at what point, we will be told we have lost them

jmb3296

War Hero
We rebooked for July this year when everything was looking good October last year.
We have moved our September 2021 American road trip to 2022 already. It seemed sensible. We had been due to go in September 2020 but that obviously didn’t happen and got deferred once, now twice.
pits paid for and booked so when we get there the spending money will now be greater with all the savings we are doing

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
We have moved our September 2021 American road trip to 2022 already. It seemed sensible. We had been due to go in September 2020 but that obviously didn’t happen and got deferred once, now twice.
pits paid for and booked so when we get there the spending money will now be greater with all the savings we are doing

Ours was meant to be October 2020. A trip down under for a significant birthday of Mrs F.

jmb3296

War Hero
Ours was meant to be October 2020. A trip down under for a significant birthday of Mrs F.
My sympathies
mine was for our 30th wedding anniversary and ours son and future daughter in laws wedding in Vegas
the wedding has been pushed back several times due to restrictions now but they will get there.

our 30th wedding anniversary was celebrated at home with a carry out meal

Bob Upndown

War Hero
We have flights in the US from last year which were carried forward to this year. Cant see that happening in a million years and I wonder at what point, we will be told we have lost them

Fcuk me, do you know something about the next lockdown we don't???? :p

My sympathies
mine was for our 30th wedding anniversary and ours son and future daughter in laws wedding in Vegas
the wedding has been pushed back several times due to restrictions now but they will get there.

our 30th wedding anniversary was celebrated at home with a carry out meal
Its the thought that counts,

We lost out on a holiday in Hrvatska last year. Did a couple of local stays in rented accommodation in parts of Scotland that were new to us and made a good time of it, despite the usual endemic inclemencies.

We will probably do the same this year.

RedDinger

War Hero
We changed our Tenerife trip 3 times, before I gave up.
Ryanair robbed us of course. The flights were in January, and they emailed me saying I wouldn't be allowed to board unless I was Spanish. But I couldn't have my money back as the flight wasn't cancelled.
They did offer to transfer them for free, as long as we travelled before the end of Feb!.
Luckily my holiday insurance paid out.

I'm not booking anything for this year now, until the Covid is under control.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

I got my refund for my Mexico trip, which was cancelled in September, today. Six months.

Arrsers! Avoid lastminute.com as you would avoid thrusting your genitals towards a honey badger.

She's off again FFS , booked Lanzarote again (Cancelled twice last year) for Decdember.

Out of curiousity, where were you going?

Just spotted your second post, so Aussie?

Last edited:

The_Duke

LE
Last years booking for a farmhouse in Tuscany was kicked forward until this July. Worst case scenario, drive instead of fly and take 2 weeks instead of three.

Also taken a punt on flights to NY in October. Cheap as chips and can always rebook into 2022 if it is still dodgy then.

Late July booked for Cornwall, big house with own grounds. Taking the whole tribe and it's just the twenty plus of us.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Last years booking for a farmhouse in Tuscany was kicked forward until this July. Worst case scenario, drive instead of fly and take 2 weeks instead of three.

Also taken a punt on flights to NY in October. Cheap as chips and can always rebook into 2022 if it is still dodgy then.
Who you booking NY with? What sort of prices your Majestyness.

Mike G the Trailfinders boss has been on tv a few times recently and yes although he’s a travel agent makes a good point about the supply and demand regarding airlines getting pilots aircrew and craft back up to full capacity so no doubt the airline price will increase with demand. You may pay more to go with a broadsheet travel agent but you’re likely to get your money back quicker if it’s held in trust and the price you paid for the ticket will be held and you can rebook.

Last edited:

Latest Threads