Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This years holiday.

Not if the Welsh Gov keep locking down. We normally hideaway at my mates place in Llanberris for the Pagan Festival. Decided to book a place in Marizion Cornwall instead. It means parting with my hard earned instead of having a freebee.
That's a shame, I was hoping to pop over and see you at Llanberis.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Last week Mrs F overoptimistically booked a cruise in May 2021.

This week it has just been cancelled.

Just flying back from 3 days in Stockholm.
Easily the best city in the world.
Amazing food, lovely scenery and very friendly people, with none of the ridiculous Covid panic that has gripped and going to ruin rest of the world.
The architecture is amazing, as is the Royal park which is very pretty this time of year. Also the Vasa museum is a must visit.

Will definitely be going back, will also be looking into work visas for Sweden.

Just booked a world cruise with Fred Olsen, leaving January 2022, almost fully booked already.

Well ballocks again

we were supposed to be going to Lanzarote for a week 3rd -10th December, but with the new tier 4 lockdown in Glasgow , and us in Fife being level 3 it is going to be illegal to travel to the airport
It was pretty stupid that she booked it a week after TUI had cancelled the same holiday from Edinburgh, and had used the refund, then said to me, "guess what I just did"

anyway, motorhome going up for sale next week on FB , and changing it for a lighter weight , newer camper, but of course it is down in Mansfield so nobody going anywhere at the present time , so no fecker going to grab it before me

hopefully get to Portugal in it
late next spring

Well ballocks again

we were supposed to be going to Lanzarote for a week 3rd -10th December, but with the new tier 4 lockdown in Glasgow , and us in Fife being level 3 it is going to be illegal to travel to the airport
It was pretty stupid that she booked it a week after TUI had cancelled the same holiday from Edinburgh, and had used the refund, then said to me, "guess what I just did"

anyway, motorhome going up for sale next week on FB , and changing it for a lighter weight , newer camper, but of course it is down in Mansfield so nobody going anywhere at the present time , so no fecker going to grab it before me

late next spring
My sympathies , all my attempts to get to Lanzarote have failed this year. I dont think I'l be going away again, a toss up between safe to go and deteriorating health , still live in hope eh?

We would have been off to Macchu Picchu, posh train ride and 14 day cruise in a few days. Now waiting on the refund:(.

Probably going to book Hawaii and French Polynesia cruise for mid 2022 soon - got to have something to look forward to (probably mad but what the hell).

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well ballocks again

late next spring
My sympathies , all my attempts to get to Lanzarote have failed this year. I dont think I'l be going away again, a toss up between safe to go and deteriorating health , still live in hope eh?
We're booked for 31st Dec for 10 days, as from Nov 23, the Canaries come under Spanish Covid regs and require a PCR test no more than 72 hrs before arrival (all sorted @ a cost of 340 quid). The rules seem a bit draconian compared to the UK's, masks to be worn at all times unless eating and drinking, no smoking on the street, only in designated areas, 2 metres apart unless family. I'm just waiting for BoJo to **** this one up for me like he did my planned July holiday.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I’d further booked another holiday looking at the above. It was a year via private jet with private Island stays, larks tongue omelette for breakfast each day. The very repetitive Panda steaks, unicorn a la Torremelinos, wild DoDo breast and finest dick Stilton and biscuits for afters with fresh chicken grapes. Screw you cheapskate paupers.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I’d further booked another holiday looking at the above. It was a year via private jet with private Island stays, larks tongue omelette for breakfast each day. The very repetitive Panda steaks, unicorn a la Torremelinos, wild DoDo breast and finest dick Stilton and biscuits for afters with fresh chicken grapes. Screw you cheapskate paupers.
So just another ciggy run then?

We're booked for 31st Dec for 10 days, as from Nov 23, the Canaries come under Spanish Covid regs and require a PCR test no more than 72 hrs before arrival (all sorted @ a cost of 340 quid). The rules seem a bit draconian compared to the UK's, masks to be worn at all times unless eating and drinking, no smoking on the street, only in designated areas, 2 metres apart unless family. I'm just waiting for BoJo to **** this one up for me like he did my planned July holiday.

Was in Lanza two weeks ago and plan to go again on 5 Dec if the flights are still on. Pretty quiet at first but thats OK as we only go for the sun really. Everybody complying with the COVID procedures so we felt safer over there than we do at home.

Lots of roadworks in Matagorda but pedestrian access still pretty good.

RedDinger

Old-Salt
Who did you book your tests with, and are they guaranteeing timescales? We are booked up for Tenerife on 2nd Jan, and I'm worried about the turnaround time for tests over the holiday season.

philc

LE
We would have been off to Macchu Picchu, posh train ride and 14 day cruise in a few days. Now waiting on the refund:(.

Probably going to book Hawaii and French Polynesia cruise for mid 2022 soon - got to have something to look forward to (probably mad but what the hell).

What was the cruise, been looking at trips along the Amazon starting in Peru?

Who did you book your tests with, and are they guaranteeing timescales? We are booked up for Tenerife on 2nd Jan, and I'm worried about the turnaround time for tests over the holiday season.

Some branches of Boots are advertising them for £119 quid each and guarantee the results back in 48 hours.
Makes it a bit of a close run thing especially over the Chrimble hols.
Advice on a Canary Islands site is that you can have the test on landing (no other part of Spain except the Canaries) but then have to self isolate in your hotel or wherever until the results come back.

Latest Threads