This years holiday.

Saw that and thought what a great idea with very little thought behind it. They will all disappear just like pens in the stationary cupboard.
Is that the cupboard that doesn't move?

Diogenes' limp

Old-Salt
Och! Wheesht!!!
Of course I didn't mean Port Logan it was slip of the pen, that's a terrible place - no I meant Port Nessock it's on all the road signs and The Thickhicker's Guide raves about it - the best route to it though goes via Saltcoats and not a lot of people know that ----- in fact, once you've been to Saltcoats there's not much reason to go further South.

(I don't think anyone noticed)

Of course I didn't mean Port Logan it was slip of the pen, that's a terrible place - no I meant Port Nessock it's on all the road signs and The Thickhicker's Guide raves about it - the best route to it though goes via Saltcoats and not a lot of people know that ----- in fact, once you've been to Saltcoats there's not much reason to go further South.

(I don't think anyone noticed)
Dead right. Nothing to see there.

thought we'd squeeze in a couple of days dolphin watching at Findochty (pronounced Finechty) then a few days up at Dingwall
so we book the sites, , bugger me 15 minutes later wife gets a phone call from the hospital, her gall bladder op is on the 9th September , she has to isolate from the 24th August , ( That's Dingwall off then , no refund but C and CC will allow the deposit to go on a future booking provided we contact them before December good for next year so no big deal , then a letter from the hospital wanting her in for a pre op on the Thursday we are away, , manages to change that to Tuesday , the day before we leave, so that's also sorted ...mail arrives this morning , MRI on the Friday morning , when we would be 160 miles away , good news is she managed to get the MRI changed to tomorrow morning (early)
It is as if the camper gods are ranging against us going anywhere else this year
besides that, , France and Holland are definitely off this autumn
good things though , all the minor repairs on the van are done new carpets , odd marks touched up or polished out and the broken bumper now sprayed . Van now looks very clean and smart

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
thought we'd squeeze in a couple of days dolphin watching at Findochty (pronounced Finechty) then a few days up at Dingwall
so we book the sites, , bugger me 15 minutes later wife gets a phone call from the hospital, her gall bladder op is on the 9th September , she has to isolate from the 24th August , ( That's Dingwall off then , no refund but C and CC will allow the deposit to go on a future booking provided we contact them before December good for next year so no big deal , then a letter from the hospital wanting her in for a pre op on the Thursday we are away, , manages to change that to Tuesday , the day before we leave, so that's also sorted ...mail arrives this morning , MRI on the Friday morning , when we would be 160 miles away , good news is she managed to get the MRI changed to tomorrow morning (early)
It is as if the camper gods are ranging against us going anywhere else this year
besides that, , France and Holland are definitely off this autumn
good things though , all the minor repairs on the van are done new carpets , odd marks touched up or polished out and the broken bumper now sprayed . Van now looks very clean and smart

If you get to Dingwall, it has an excellent Chinese restaurant called Ding's.

About the only thing worth stopping for in the town.

Plan was 17 days On ATVs in Newfoundland in May. Didn’t happen.
Plan was 21 days In Florida in September as a family, cancelled by airline, won’t happen.
Next plan is 17 days of absolutely nothing except for reading,, snow clearing, log fire and a few sly drinking-poos... Heres hoping...

quilter

War Hero
Cruise No 1 (round trip Dubai) October - cancelled :eek:
Cruise replacement similar different ship in November - cancelled :rolleyes:
Both deposits added to by cruise company thus a larger deposit for next year's proposed cruise, at this rate they can keep cancelling until the accrued 125% they keep offering covers the total cost of a cruise - win win but really would like the one next March to go ahead. 37 degrees in London is all very well but..........................fingers crossed eh. :cool:

wheel

LE
I know this is the worst place in the world to ask for advice but here goes it might get a few laughs.
We are due to go to Asia for a month from mid November. Bangkok-Vietnam-Cambodia-Laos-Singapore. Deposit paid but before we stump up the whole amount should I push it back 12 months or go for it ?. We are covered insurance wise if holiday gets shit canned.

philc

LE
I know this is the worst place in the world to ask for advice but here goes it might get a few laughs.
We are due to go to Asia for a month from mid November. Bangkok-Vietnam-Cambodia-Laos-Singapore. Deposit paid but before we stump up the whole amount should I push it back 12 months or go for it ?. We are covered insurance wise if holiday gets shit canned.
Me I would not be leaving the UK for a while, who knows whats around the corner, I think people are being a tad optimistic.

That you felt the need to raise the question, I think you know the answer already.

Make the phone call/send the mail, use the cash for a slap-up Crimbly and look forward to next year.

wheel

LE
That you felt the need to raise the question, I think you know the answer already.

Make the phone call/send the mail, use the cash for a slap-up Crimbly and look forward to next year.
I feckin hate the Pagan Festival and usually hide in my mates holiday gaff in Llanberris.
But otherwise point taken ;)

I feckin hate the Pagan Festival and usually hide in my mates holiday gaff in Llanberris.
But otherwise point taken ;)
Mate, we might venture into the northern wastelands and visit you up there, prohibitions permitting ;)

quilter

War Hero
Have to agree with the aforegoing,., I do not believe overseas travel for the next few months is going to be an option, especially long distance, booking for next year may be a better realisation, see my previous post, some companies will refund and/or 125% credit, I share your disappointment mate. :sad:

Latest Threads