This years Darwin award winner and runner-up..........

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Longinthegums, Aug 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Telegraph --- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2485575/Boyfriend-of-woman-stuck-to-toilet-for-two-years-gets-probation.html

"Kory McFarren pleaded no contest last month to a misdemeanour count of mistreatment of a dependent adult.

On Tuesday, a judge sentenced him to six months in jail but granted him probation after the victim, Pam Babcock, asked for leniency.

"She didn't believe that her circumstances were his fault," said Craig Crosswhite, the Ness County Attorney.

Miss Babcock's plight became known in February when Mr McFarren called the Ness County sheriff, expressing concern about his live-in girlfriend. When authorities arrived, they found Miss Babcock physically stuck to the toilet.

Mr McFarren told police Miss Babcock had refused to come out of the bathroom for two years. Medical personnel estimated she had been sitting on the toilet for at least a month and said the seat had adhered to sores on her body.

She is now under the protection of a guardian who was appointed through the legal department at the hospital where she received treatment.

Also on Tuesday, Mr McFarren was sentenced to six months in jail for an unrelated charge of lewd and lascivious behaviour for exposing himself to a teenage neighbour in March. "

You could NOT make it up..............

2. No Darwin award. To win one the subject has to remove themselves from the gene pool.
    And with a single bound pedantry leapt from the "Modern, British" thread.

3. Your comment would have more force if it were better expressed.

May I suggest "And with a single bound pedantry leapt from the "Modern, British" thread"?

4. My thoughts exactly, which is why I did it a few minutes ago.

5. Incidentally, Radioactiveman, I took the precaution of copying your original post before you edited it:

No Darwin award. To win one the subject has to remove themselves from the gene pool.
    And with a single leap pedantry leapt from the "Modern, British" thread.

Keep leaping! Or have you leapt?

6. What, there's a law against editing now?

see I've just done it again with crime and law.

7. Yes, it says so in the Pedant's Handbook

:D

8. By the way, this has been done before.