This will wind up everyone

EX_STAB said:
Balleh said:
EX_STAB said:
Balleh said:
EX_STAB said:
Sounds fine to me - the salary goes to the exchequer not the prisoner surely?
No. The prisoners keep it.

But why is it fine for the Government to enable prisoners to earn more than many who haven't committed a crime, let alone the comparison with the pay of private soldiers and that the arrangement is anti-competitive?
I suspected as much. However, I see no reason why prisoners shouldn't earn a salary that then goes to the state. They should be worked hard for no reward to themselves. Prison is supposed to be an arrse kicking exercise - not a social worker's wet dream.

How much the Prison service might charge prisoners labour out at doesn't have any correlation with armed service pay as far as I can see.

If we (the good and honest loyal subjects of the Crown) can make a profit out of these scumbags then lets do it!
So that’s a double whammy then.

The Government enables criminals, whose living costs are minimal, to take jobs which could be done by the law-abiding who then find themselves on benefits.

Good thinking, well done.
Err- no!

The prisoners do the jobs that are currently done by idle layabout council workers who are then, in turn, forced out to get real jobs and stop being a burden to those of us who work for a living and pay taxes to keep all these nob-ends in clover.

Bottom line - if you are so totally useless that you can't get a job, ever, tough luck- you die. An 18 month limit on benefits for those who haven't paid enough into the system would be a bloody good start to get all those bone idle scroungers off their arrses.

Arrangements for the disabled are already in place.
Since when have council workers, layabout or otherwise, been paid by their employers to do graphic design for commercial companies?

EX_STAB said:
Balleh said:
EX_STAB said:
Balleh said:
EX_STAB said:
Sounds fine to me - the salary goes to the exchequer not the prisoner surely?
No. The prisoners keep it.

But why is it fine for the Government to enable prisoners to earn more than many who haven't committed a crime, let alone the comparison with the pay of private soldiers and that the arrangement is anti-competitive?
I suspected as much. However, I see no reason why prisoners shouldn't earn a salary that then goes to the state. They should be worked hard for no reward to themselves. Prison is supposed to be an arrse kicking exercise - not a social worker's wet dream.

How much the Prison service might charge prisoners labour out at doesn't have any correlation with armed service pay as far as I can see.

If we (the good and honest loyal subjects of the Crown) can make a profit out of these scumbags then lets do it!
So that’s a double whammy then.

The Government enables criminals, whose living costs are minimal, to take jobs which could be done by the law-abiding who then find themselves on benefits.

Good thinking, well done.
Err- no!

The prisoners do the jobs that are currently done by idle layabout council workers who are then, in turn, forced out to get real jobs and stop being a burden to those of us who work for a living and pay taxes to keep all these nob-ends in clover.

Bottom line - if you are so totally useless that you can't get a job, ever, tough luck- you die. An 18 month limit on benefits for those who haven't paid enough into the system would be a bloody good start to get all those bone idle scroungers off their arrses.

Arrangements for the disabled are already in place.
Seconded. Well said, that Stab! :D

EX_STAB said:
so people with low paid jobs who pay tax to be FORCED out of work to get new well paid jobs so that the prison population can take on low paid jobs to pay tax? ... 8O

Any indication where these new well paid jobs that 'layabout council workers' are going to be suited too? are exactly ?

edited for quick fire didnt proff proper posting ala Mongo

'info@howardleague.org'

Dear Sir / Madam,

Your website was brought to my attention on the Army Rumour Service site.

Bearing in mind that almost all the military are volunteers and yet today they face the greatest risk they have known since the Korean War.

The have been sent into combat poorly equipped and with below fighting numbers, they continue to do the task to the best of their ability.

I look at the stats on your webpage and see that even when someone is committed to prison, they have all the resources thrown at them and yet they are committing suicide.

So very sorry to hear this, however if they had not broken the law, they would not be there, perhaps had they enlisted into HM Forces they would have been better people for it, they made their choice, so did the military.

However since the Falklands conflict, it has been reported that some 350 have taken their own lives and with all they face today many more will take their lives as a direct result of combat in both theatres of war. With the possibility that the Balkans may kick off at any time, and the RIRA in Ulster is showing its ugly head, the troops where on over stretch, soon to be made almost ineffective by all that this government have taken on.

So please excuse me, when I read about those in prison who have taken their lives, as many should not have been in prison in the first place, but in secure mental hospitals, all this for breaking the UK law, as it is!

Now the forces this week are looking down a loaded barrel, as they have millions cut from their budget again, what will this do to their moral and that was for volunteering for Queen and Country!

Perhaps if prison was harder, you would have such a high reoffending rate and many with mental health problems would be taken to the right environment for them. But there again, hard work is good for many of those with mental health problems, as long as it is overseen properly and structured.

Regards

If it's job-creation for criminals we are proposing, can I suggest vocations such as "mine detection and clearance operative" (required qualifications: having two feet) and "hostile combatant detector" (required qualification: owns and wears hi-viz jacket). Vacancies exist in overseas labour markets and fringe benefits include repaying your debt to society by keeping someone else safe while you take the risks.

Grenzschutzpolizei said:
If it's job-creation for criminals we are proposing, can I suggest vocations such as "mine detection and clearance operative" (required qualifications: having two feet) and "hostile combatant detector" (required qualification: owns and wears hi-viz jacket). Vacancies exist in overseas labour markets and fringe benefits include repaying your debt to society by keeping someone else safe while you take the risks.
car manufacturers could save a couple of quid by using real people instead of those very expensive crash test dummies.

theoriginalphantom said:
Grenzschutzpolizei said:
car manufacturers could save a couple of quid by using real people instead of those very expensive crash test dummies.
You have read my mind.

halo_jones said:
EX_STAB said:
so people with low paid jobs who pay tax to be FORCED out of work to get new well paid jobs so that the prison population can take on low paid jobs to pay tax? ... 8O

Any indication where these new well paid jobs that 'layabout council workers' are going to be suited too? are exactly ?

edited for quick fire didnt proff proper posting ala Mongo
Certain suitable jobs in the public sector would be carried out by prisoners.
The people who are currently doing these jobs and earning a nice salary at the expense of those of us who actually work for a living and generate the income that pays for everything that is done in this country are sacked and have to get proper jobs - just like the rest of us.

There are far too many public sector employees compared to those who are earning the nation's wealth.

Sack the social workers - they do fcuk all - just ask Jessica Randall! Give the money to the real saviours of the nation - the armed forces.

Is this an effort to replace/reduce workers in the black-economy? Such as fruit picking in the SE who cannot employ legal workers?

eveyoz said:
Is this an effort to replace/reduce workers in the black-economy? Such as fruit picking in the SE who cannot employ legal workers?
thought students did that already?