THIS WILL INVOLVE EVERY ONE OF YOU

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Two_Forward_One_Back, Jan 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have a quick read of this blurb and tell me it wont bother you .

Before you read this please note that I am not against paying for my car usage. I agree we need to combat global warming. I hate the fact that we have to be so reliant on cars because our public transport infrastructure is to expensive to use and CRAP! If you live outside a city centre in this country the car is your only alternative.

Deadline to sign up by: 20 February 2007

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about GBP200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was GBP28 for a rural florist and GBP194 for a delivery driver.

A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid GBP86 in one month.
    On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect a NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) minimum 3 points on your licence and £60 with your monthly bill. You will NEVER be able to go over any speed limit EVER again without them knowing !

If you care about your freedom and stopping the constant taxation of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website

Go here and sign....

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

I apologise if this is in the wrong Forum, feel free to move it.

2. Well someones got to pay for the downfall of mankind due to global warming caused by car emissions (amongst other things) :thumright:

3. If it gets people out of their cars then so much the better.If it stops people speeding then so much the better.If it creates revenue for the government to invest in greener energy then so much the better.

I'm all for it. Its an EXCELLENT idea.

4. if it has to be fitted there must be a way to unfit it! and put it on some old dears car that just goes to the post office and back. then come MOT time put it back on??? just like de cat pipes etc

5. Rapier may have a point - does anyone know of any other country that has been fitting these things and making it work?

6. Romanian plates. Problem solved.

7. so this government is using climate as an excuse to track us, im suprised there has been no "national security" benifits mentioned, it gets into everything else!

This has the same problems as ID cards, the biggest problems will be from criminals and they won't buy or register the boxes will they!

Climate change, my arrse!

8. seems the thread starters biggest issue is the invasion of his privacy..but if youve nothing to hide then whats the problem? (cliche i know)
    im against it cos of the fact that to travel in london is going to cost a fortune. if i go to tescos a couple miles away i dont want to spend more moeny on getting there and back than i do on my food. I still cant be arsed to sign the petition though :thumright:

9. And there you have the reason why the country is in the shite state it is now. If you just sit on your arrse and whinge but do fcuk all about it then you deserve everything that happens.

As much as it pains to admit it but we need to copy what the French do and get out on the street and show those in power what we really think. A bit of sheep burning or blocking the motorways and ports might make them take a bit of notice.

Time for the silent majority to make them selves heard.
    Shame it will never happen though.

10. I'm not sure that the currently silent will remain so. As with most things, I believe as a nation we're quite tolerant but don't take the p1ss. This will never happen.

11. Not exactly the same, but Singapore managed to make everyone install Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) units in thei vehicles. They managed to do so because almost all major road have a gantry over the road which can sense if you have a unit in your car. If your car passes by and the system senses no unit, pictures and videos of your car will be taken.

12. This pr*ck is back boys!!!!

13. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Would'nt work over here,We'd all have free state plates fitted!!! :numberone:

14. Wow, we clearly need to screw ourselves over to combat something which has always been happening through the whole of time and for which there is absolutely no conclusive evidence that we have had anything to do with, or can affect in any predictable way.

By the way, there has been no "global warming" since 1998, when the peak was hit, and there has been an insignificant drop off since then, but NO INCREASE. University of East Anglia data: http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/press/2006-12-cet-records/full.pdf I wonder why all these politicians conveniently forget to mention inconvenient truths like this.

I look upon this nonsense in the same way that I look back upon all the articles from the 60s and 70s about how we had to do something to combat global cooling and the imminent onset of the next ice age. (oh, by the way, if you want to believe that the major driver of climate change is human emissions, then increased emissions must be equally the cause of the 1940-1970 global cooling and its accompanying scaremongering. And man, those Romans must have been doing something really nasty to cause the Roman warm period, and all those Saxons and Vikings must have been burning fossil fuel at an astonishing rate to cause the mediaeval warm period, which was warm enough for farming in Greenland).

15. Im with Stoatman on this.

This idea needs throwing out until they can prove it's merit.

Neu Arbeit stuffing the coffers off the back of a submissive Nation...