This weekends Rugger Internationals 4/5 Nov. 06

#1
Great Wales/Aus. match, and probably the most professional Wales performance I've seen, in the sense they were clearly organised across the pitch, apart from the obvious gifted tries.

Thought Australia looked a heavy side, and probably gearing to 2007, but if they're preferring power to their usual footballing skills, it certainly came undone in the scrum. Wales rocked them.

Thought Hook's boot was astonishing. Alhtough an Englishman I still love to see Wales on song.
 
#2
Speaking as an Irishman, I can't wait to watch the game tomorrow when England get spanked all over the pitch by the All Blacks....
 
#3
the_matelot said:
Speaking as an Irishman, I can't wait to watch the game tomorrow when England get spanked all over the pitch by the All Blacks....
Speaking as an Englishman, I can't wait to see Ireland get fcuked over by Burkina Faso.
 
#4
the_matelot said:
Speaking as an Irishman, I can't wait to watch the game tomorrow when England get spanked all over the pitch by the All Blacks....
I second that (also as an Irishman)!

MsG
 
#5
Hmm, I much prefer tight games - todays Wales/Australia game was fantastic despite the final result althought it was probably fair.

Tomorrow however, I don't anticipate much of a contest. As much as it hurts to admit this (as a Welshman) a little bit of me was glad when England won the world cup as I for one would like northern hemisphere rugby to match the big three down south.

Wales and Ireland have shown glimpses that they might be getting that way, but England had got worse rather than better since 2003. I don't think that will change tomorrow.
 
#6
PotYos said:
Hmm, I much prefer tight games - todays Wales/Australia game was fantastic despite the final result althought it was probably fair.

Tomorrow however, I don't anticipate much of a contest. As much as it hurts to admit this (as a Welshman) a little bit of me was glad when England won the world cup as I for one would like northern hemisphere rugby to match the big three down south.

Wales and Ireland have shown glimpses that they might be getting that way, but England had got worse rather than better since 2003. I don't think that will change tomorrow.
Agreed on the Wales/Australia game. In a way I'm rather glad it ended like it did, since I don't think either team actually deserved to lose. The Welsh impressed me mightily, too. They were a bit iffy in the first half, but they really had their shite together after the break.

The way England's been playing practically since they won the World Cup, they deserve to lose at Twickers. Maybe it'll serve as a wake-up call for them and we might get some decent Rugby from them next year. Who knows?

MsG
 
#7
If England try and make the All Blacks do lots and lots of line outs, we may have a chance. Its about their only weakness.
 
#8
The referee is a cnut ! The All Blacks are powerful enough as it is without the French cnuts cheating too !
 
#9
FRENCH!!!!! F@CKING FRENCH!!!!!
 
#11
looks like the Kiwis are finaly going to forgive the French for the Rainbow Warrior :twisted: :D :p
 
#12
g2_loony_bin said:
FRENCH!!!!! F@CKING FRENCH!!!!!
True, true...to quote the commentator: "disgusting decision"...although England are not playing well....far too many mistakes...too many gaps!

Still, chuffed with Wales' performance yesterday... if only there were two more minutes...who knows maybe we'll even beat the Pacific Islands!

Dudders
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#13
I never realised that there were so many Kiwis in the Edinburgh area. Since the end of the game there have been fireworks going off everywhere! :lol:
 
#14
Auld-Yin said:
I never realised that there were so many Kiwis in the Edinburgh area. Since the end of the game there have been fireworks going off everywhere! :lol:
:lol:

AB's = fine tuning
England = still laying the foundations but some talent shining. Great tries though.

Noon was awesome, after years of trying. Some Jason Robinson'esque attacks. Sackey was outstanding footballer. Perry as well.

Thought Moore's observation was cute, that we've squandered our build up to only be at this stage.

Anybody else feel with Squeaky (Rob Andrew) in charge there'll be few demands on the RFU to ensure victory in the way Woodward cracked heads together.
 
#15
I wasnt impressed by Sackey at all!

"great runner" we were promised, he didnt break a tackle! he never got himself up to pace and the one time he could hve been pivotal he did nothing to reclaim the ball.

- gutted!
 
#16
Pillager said:
I wasnt impressed by Sackey at all!
Rubbish. He ran some good angles and if not breaking tackles in classic fashion got through the defence line more than once. Great debut.
 
#17
Somebody brief me up.

Scores. What happened etc.

I managed to catch Wales Aus yesterday on BFBS. Bit of a strange point to blow the final whistle but okay whatever.

However i missed tonights.
 
#18
As predicted, England got spanked around the pitch by the All Blacks 41-20 and suffered a record home defeat as well.

Get rid of that tw@t Robinson if you want to go back to your previous standards chaps......
 
#19
Hmmm. Might have known. I got briefed up that we were robbed early on and handed a 5 metre scrum instead but that was all. Bugger
 
#20
A very good game, I must say. Although the All Blacks dominated the field, England played much better than I thought they would. There seems hope for them yet, unless they allow themselves to be thrashed by the Argies, which would be the final humiliation.

I thought it was a bit naughty of the Froggie ref to disallow that try. Still, he's a frog, so what can you expect?

MsG
 

Similar threads


Top