This time last year....

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by dogmonkey, Mar 19, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just like to raise a glass to everybody else who was parked out in the sand this time last year waiting for the off.

More importantly, here's to all of our friends who aren't here to drink with us. Sleep well.

Regards to you all.

DM

2. Could't agree more, especially for the guys and girls still out there!

3. Here, here!

4. ............ and for all those who will deploy there in the next few years.

5. You old cynic Ramillies! You sound like you may know a thing or two. :wink:

Totally agree, could have been much worse, thank the Lord it wasn’t. Glass raised.

6. Just woken up after Ireland's win of the triple crown yesterday. This is the first sensible thing I've seen all day. Bravo. Amazing job, God bless em all.

7. This time last year i was on Op Telic III in Al Amarah, some 2 months into a 6 month tour! Cant really whinge about that, 300 guys from my unit had done Op Telic I, i did however spend 7 weeks in BATUS. And now almost a year later im going back out to Iraq to take the vehicles from the Black Watch BG. At least i will be home for Xmas. Overstretch is a much used word, but i wonder how many people outside of the military actually understand what it means!!!!! Hope you all have a safe festive season, and retirement is never that far away. God bless us all!!!!!!! :wink: :wink:

8. its probably been more dangerous over the last year than it has been since it all began, well done to all who have been, are there and RIP to those who didnt return.

9. Wasn't it this time 2 years ago now? Xmas 2002 ready for March start 2003 How time flies!! Didn't realise myself at first.

10. Yep, we heard it on the Radio 4 in January that we would be deploying, notwithstanding having been told that we'd hear it from the chain first. nice one. Anyway, it's all in the past now.

Let's raise a few glases for those who aren't home this Christmas!

Happy Christmas guys, and come back safe.

11. i was out on telic 4, i just hope the lads and lasses on 5 dont have a tour like we did :(

12. I would like to add.......and to ALL the wives who were back home worrying about you lot over THERE.

13. Good Work Fellas..

Going out to Jonny Bravo of 70 (EY) and the rest of the boys and girls out in the cr@p.

BB (FFB)

14. This time last year I was sitting in a 45deg heat and ticking off the last few days on my 'chuff chart' (about 26 actually) before endex.