This takes the biscuit

What is it with biscuits in the workplace - first the REME Officers Mess now the Met Police

Why are the great British institutions obsessed with biscuits, where will the next cookie crumble

This takes the biscuit

(Would not happen in the WO & Sgts Mess, Toast be the preferred Naffi break snack)

Archibald

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
PC Hooper was also alleged to have driven a marked police transit van at 51mph in a 30mph zone on May 3 2016 - with the vehicle in response mode, but no reason for it.
It was alleged that he sought to cancel the Fixed Penalty Notice and gave a false account of events to avoid penalty points on his personal licence.

Fuck off.

PC Hooper was also alleged to have driven a marked police transit van at 51mph in a 30mph zone on May 3 2016 - with the vehicle in response mode, but no reason for it.
It was alleged that he sought to cancel the Fixed Penalty Notice and gave a false account of events to avoid penalty points on his personal licence.

**** off.
Maybe the biscuit shop was about to close

I say old man, its the British way, tea at 3 for the working masses, at 4 for the idle rich, biscuits for the artisan, cakes and fancies taken by the upper crust. Its traditional, you wouldn't adopt our colonial cousins questionable habit of, donuts, god forbid, and tea from a silver service, served on the lawn by spasm, the butler, is a most agreeable way to end the days exertions. toddle pip old thing.

**** off.
and from the rest of the article

He had been transporting a prisoner from a mental health unit to Kingston police station, his counsel Ben Summers said.
The tribunal found that PC Hooper's accounts were 'not false or misleading', and that the facts he presented on the cancellation form 'reflect what happened on that day'.
The tribunal dismissed the case.

In other words after starting the case for "biscuit theft" there was the usual trawl to find any other trivia that could add weight to the original, weak allegation.

In other more comprehensive reporting, cant find the link just now, it was reported that the prisoner was kicking off during the journey and the explanation provided by PC Hooper was neither false nor misleading as to why he had used blue lights and exceeded the speed limit to get the vehicle with kicking off prisoner to the police station as quickly as he safely could.

Having been involved with police complaints and conduct processes and investigations, as either officer subject of complaint, investigating officer and as a member of a discipline panel I suspect what we have here may be a weak and ambitious Inspector supported by a weak and ambitious PS, both with poor practical staff management skills that have seen the opportunity for a good promotion example that has backfired spectacularly.

The tribunal dismissed the case. In my view a fair and proportionate result from the circumstances as reported.

Note that the biscuits belonged to Constable Doris - PC Hooper didn't give her a damn good rogering in the store cupboard that contained the biscuits so she grassed him up... probably.

Hell hath no fury (or teatime assortment) like a woman scorned.

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
I say old man, its the British way, tea at 3 for the working masses, at 4 for the idle rich, biscuits for the artisan, cakes and fancies taken by the upper crust. Its traditional, you wouldn't adopt our colonial cousins questionable habit of, donuts, god forbid, and tea from a silver service, served on the lawn by spasm, the butler, is a most agreeable way to end the days exertions. toddle pip old thing.
"Tea at three"? for a working mess/mass like me. Have you ever had a job?

Note that the biscuits belonged to Constable Doris - PC Hooper didn't give her a damn good rogering in the store cupboard that contained the biscuits so she grassed him up... probably.

Hell hath no fury (or teatime assortment) like a woman scorned.

Nice.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
"It was alleged that on May 7, 2016, PC Hooper had taken another officer's tin of biscuits from a cupboard, without her permission.

The tribunal previously heard that PC Hooper was going to offer to share them, and also offered to replace them."

Weak bastard.
If he'd just curled one down in the tin and put it back everything would be rosy.

What is it with biscuits in the workplace - first the REME Officers Mess now the Met Police

Why are the great British institutions obsessed with biscuits, where will the next cookie crumble

This takes the biscuit

(Would not happen in the WO & Sgts Mess, Toast be the preferred Naffi break snack)

Archibald
Three days over a tin of biscuits? that's not a waste of taxpayers money and if I had a mentalist in the back of a van I would be speeding COMMON SENSE is no longer common.