This should be interesting - Bush by Oliver Stone

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Alsacien, Jan 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7200039.stm

"Here I'm the referee and I want a fair, true portrait of the man," he said.

"How did Bush go from an alcoholic bum to the most powerful figure in the world?"

The film would include a look at the president's "belief that God personally chose him to be president of the United States and his coming into his own with the stunning, pre-emptive attack on Iraq", Stone added.

2. Oliver Stone and Bush in the same sentence..... I'll pass on this one. Will there be a musical a la Jerry Springer?

3. I don't know about Brolin as Bush...Norman Wisdom would probably be better to capture the essence of the man.

4. Is simple really. He is part of one of the most powerful and elite families in US - and they bought the Presidency for him so he would serve the interests of the neocons. And serve them he has, to the detriment of the working and middle class of US.

Always frightening when people start thinking 'God chose them' or 'talks to them'. Reminds me of, say, bin Laden.

5. I believe Stone is finishing up on movie "Pinkville" based on the Mai Lai Massacre,so back to his Vietnam movies.