this should be a right over here!!

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by HARDMAN476, Jun 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. watch this

if this happened here would the victum get charged?? stupid question --- remand in custody to the old bailey with the crown demanding the max sentance life without release!

this should be happen here if you disgree then you have just given up your human rights to the criminal and should let your self get robbed and killed all in good cause as reducing gun crime from law abiding persons is far more important then ones life or families lives!!!
  2. I'm not sure of your point(s) due to the lack of punctuation.

However it is unlikely to happen here because: 'self defence' is not regarded as a 'Good Reason' for having a firearm and any firearms on premises are likely to be under lock and key.

A gun shop owner in Essex shot and killed an armed robber some years ago and was arrested and charged by Essex police until good sense returned.
  3. so what did essex plod wanted him to do?? call 999 or just let the robber kill him / rob him / beat him???
    everyone bangs about human rights self defence is a human right
  5. I seem to remember it the other way around. The employee was looking at the shotgun, with one other customer in the shop, and the owner was out back. As the perp hit the ground the customer took the shotgun and made it safe.

I think that at the time, everyone was pretty disgusted with Essex as they tried several angles to find something the charge the shooter with.
  6. I think that at the time, everyone was pretty disgusted with Essex as they tried several angles to find something the charge the shooter with.[/quote]
  7. This should be in current affairs or the intelligence cell,

It is not a shooting sport.

For the record, no specific "Good reason" is required to own a Section 2 shotgun and two or three rounds of SG will resolve most disputes.
  8. I have'nt held a Shotgun Licence in over twenty years; what weapons are classified as Section 2 nowadays?
  9. But it should be!
  10. Smooth bored firearm under 2" bore with a barrel not shorter than 24", overall length not under 40" (with stock folded if applicable) and capable of holding no more than three rounds.

Ammunition must again be under 2" bore, hold five or more projectiles and I think there is an upper limit on the size of individual shot but I'm not sure. If there is it's bigger than buckshot.

That's off the top of my head so if you want to check for yourself look up and search for 1968 Firearms act.

Go and get yourself one!

Of course this does mean that a high velocity smooth bored 2" gun firing a (non armour piercing) fin stabilised projectile using a separate cartridge can be held on a shotgun certificate. :D
  11. Cheers for that, mate.

Now I know what I want for Xmas... :twisted:
  12. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

A 12 shot Remington Pump Action?? ;)
  13. AA-12 SHOTGUN that will scare the shite of any chav, council peice of shit
  14. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I wasn't talking to you. I don't converse with Proles. /out
  15. Spooky - you read my mind! 8O :D