This Morning ITV1 now. Sex Change Soldier

Who do they talk to for advice on dressing, make up etc? At what point did they look in the mirror and say "wow that looks great" I would have thought that the studio make up types might have been a bit helpful. Fail.

I'm surprised that there's an ex squaddie who was too shy to take advantage of a perfectly good soap box! Felt quite sorry for her she looked terrified.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Who do they talk to for advice on dressing, make up etc? At what point did they look in the mirror and say "wow that looks great" I would have thought that the studio make up types might have been a bit helpful. Fail.
Their local Trannie SSA. No real women want to talk to them for much the same reason that squaddies don't usually share a beer with a walt in the Legion bar.

Not at all. It’s a ratings battle and TV programmes, just like the papers, give time to people under a cloak of “exploration” or “acceptance” when what they really want is the outrageous or freakish. The John Merrick-esque freak shows of old haven’t gone away, but people no longer have to get out of their armchairs in order to point and laugh. Ultimately the programme makers are just using these people for their own ends, but only because it’s what the public wants, regardless of how much they say it isn’t.

Latest Threads