This may look like a plod bash...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BrandySoured, Aug 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. But that is not the intention (fun though it may be ;) ).

While reading the latest piece of Police embarrassment from the article below what caught my eye was the part that I put in bold. These look like serious accusations and as such why were they not applied to the thieving politicians? Those charges against the parasites of Westminster seem more apt than false accounting.

Cleveland police head and staff arrested over corruption | UK news | The Guardian

Did anyone see where I parked my bus?

2. It has also just been mentioned on R4's lunch time news. Interesting.

3. Possibly the sacrificial lambs to divert attention away from the fact that nobody at the Met has been arrested.

4. . . . . . . yet !! :)

5. Crooked Chief Plods!

Who would have believed such a thing!

• Like Like x 1
  6. There are as many bent cops as there are crooks.Get real!

7. It will be interesting to find out if they were also involved in the stitching up of Ray Mallon, the thrice elected Mayor of Middlesbrough, when he was a copper on the Cleveland plod.

8. I understand that this chap has been setting a bad example, letting the side down etc, by concentrating on crime reduction, and, worse, doing so successfully.

9. It would be a terrible irony if Cleveland's most successful Chief Copper was corrupt.

10. Set a thief to catch a thief?

11. Set a policeman to catch a policeman?

12. Depends what he did. It may have been crony-ism.

13. Ooooh Ouch!

14. Re the OP Chief Police Officers are Politicians by another name. The difference is they are the expendable ones along with other senior civil serpents.

As for corruption in the police I dare say a lot more of it goes on at the top end than the bottom end and is mainly expenses and perks related as I do not recall being invited to be a VIP guest to a national charity event, be put up overnight in a swanky hotel and have my force compensated whilst I'm out of the area.

... Probably because they've seen that footage of me singing "Back in Black" on the kareoke at a christening whilst holding said child like a guitar.