This looks like fun!

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Zoot, Dec 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh YES!

2. We tried it with the Lynx a few years ago...a one shot opportunity, but the boat just went straight out the other door they were going so fast!

3. "BOAT" don't you mean one small Kenyan school boy with arm bands! :roll:

4. A new take on the Italian job :)

5. That is so fkn Cooooool !

6. Ralf, I think you are confusing incidents.

The schoolboy was rescued from a river, at night on NVG with a Gazelle.
    The boat 'trial' was at sea during the day, somewhere a long way from our shores.

The schoolboy rescue was a 'CR exempt' occasion apparently. :x

7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

'Kin ell !

8. The Boat Trial in the video was off Lulworth Cove or somewhere in that neck of the woods. Been posted often before, usually attributed to US SF but it isn't.

9. This was SBS/RAF wasn't it?

10. Impressive stuff allways wondered why taxi drivers had web feet

11. not sure wether this is the shakeys or the blades or some other type of sf unit. ive seen this done for real in 96. only saw it done the once. the loadie told me they weren't doing it again. when they bought the chinooks they wanted to have this ability but the yanks couldn't guarantee the structures from corrosion, even they were bought with this in mind. :roll: . something to do with the guarantee that mod negotiated.

12. In the 80's, an RAF loadie who had been on an early US Chinook conversion course run for the RAF when we first bought them told me that they had this water landing demonstrated.

On lifting from the inland lake they used, a fish was found in the aircraft, so the RAF chaps wrote to the Guiness Book of Records to see if they could claim any type of fishing entry to the book. I was assured this was true, but you never know...

13. Why quote me?

My posts seems fairly clear....'Lynx' and ....'a long way from our shores'

:wink: