This is why we need a new politics.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by insert-coin-here, Jun 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This made me so angry that I think others should see it too.

Defence in the House

I wonder how the lads in the sand would feel about this?

I will remeber this every time I hear the "leaders" in the house of commons read out the names of the dead and promise

"They shall never be forgotten".
  2. hey, the countries on the arrse end of one war and neck deep in another, but why should the cnuts let themself be distracted from the primary missions of troughing and bribing scum to vote for them with other peoples money?
  3. Don't be daft. Nobody votes for them because they turn up to talk about defence! And they don't get any expenses for it.
  4. Oh it gets better:

Minister did not attend welcome home for returning RAF crews

"Mr Ainsworth, the armed forces minister, had been expected to attend a ceremony at RAF Marham, near King's Lynn, Norfolk, to mark the conclusion of one of the RAF's longest deployments.

The Ministry of Defence said earlier this week that Mr Ainsworth would be at Marham to see the return of the last six Tornado fighters stationed in the Gulf.

...his attendance at RAF Marham was incorrectly announced because of an administrative error. "

Really :roll:
  5. Cnuts. Every last one of them
  6. Yes, I know this is mind blowingly naive.
    But it would be nice to think that such a meeting could have been held at RAF Marham so that the MOD Chiefs of Staff and the Defence Ministers could all have attended. :x

I know. Tail between my legs...
  7. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Did not attend due to an admin error??? Incompetence doesnt come close. Contempt for the RAF (in a bad way) is closer. Ainsworth, in a less turbulent time, would have faced pressure to resign over something like this. He still should resign, which is the honourable thing to do.

However, Hoon, Blears, Smiff and co should really top themselves.
  8. didn't the Telegraph say that his timetabled attendance at RAF Marham was the admin error.

Ainsworth didn't attend because he was in front of the select committee on Defence at the time, as Jim30 has already said on the thread about this.
  9. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Thanks for the clarification.

If so, then he had his priorities wrong.
  10. UNfortunately you can't go ducking going in front of any select committee, not even for something as important as seeing the boys coming home.