This is what they want

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Sir_Sidney_Ruff_Diamond, Jun 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies for the gratuitous Tiswas title.

Below is verbatim from the Canadian Forces Intelligence Branch website on who they want.

Seems a bit spoddy to me and my garage is in a right state...

How can I tell if Intelligence work is right for me?

The intelligence branch is looking for motivated people: those who possess strong interpersonal skills and an ability to take the initiative.
    We want people who are empathetic and sensitive to different cultures and experiences; who are adaptable and embrace new experiences with confidence.
    We want people who can work both independently and as a member of a team.

Intelligence analysis is a specialized skill, for which not everyone has an affinity. While techniques and procedures can be learned, you need to enjoy the kind of mental organization and problem solving tasks we are presented with every day. Here are some indicators you may have an affinity for combat intelligence work:

interest in current events;
    regular reading of newspapers/newsmagazines;
    enjoyment of sports where you compete against opponents (fencing, football), not just yourself;
    comfort in outdoor settings (Girl Guides/Scouts, camping trips);
    childhood participation in collection-type hobbies: rock or stamp collecting, bird watching, etc.;
    enjoyment of strategy board games (Go, Chess, Risk) or pastimes that emphasize knowledge recall and problem solving (crossword puzzles);
    enjoyment of computer strategy games (Civilization, Starcraft) or exploring online universes (Everquest);
    writing, either for employment, or as a hobby (diarizing);
    comfort with speaking in public (debating, drama);
    a flair for organizing things yourself (books on a shelf, recipe boxes, tidying the garage);
    a fondness for new and different places/foods/cultures, especially those you find through "travelling," not "tourism."
    wide-ranging (eclectic) tastes in reading, music, or art.
    interest in academic subjects such as: information studies, history, political science, economics, languages, psychology, foreign studies, journalism, or criminology.

If many or most of these statements would apply to you, you could well have an innate flair for military intelligence work. The next step is up to you.
  2. Yes, but what's the money like?
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The garage/book remark looks like they are seeking people with OCD.
  4. Excellent according to the CGS briefing team, they have a slide showing the Canadians as the best paid army in the world. Mind you the same slide said we're second in that list.

Of course they do mention that the figures don't take into account the cost of living...................
  5. They want rain man!
  6. Actually, it appears they're describing darksiders..........
  7. Hmm...
  8. You said it matey.
  9. More than a little worrying seems I've been living a lie for 33 years, I said no to most of those attributes. Comments on the back of a £20 note please.
  10. "...comfort with speaking in public..."

We've had a few of those...
  11. 39 STEPS....sound good!!!
  12. LOL, I'm glad it wasn't just me.
    Still, I've only done 22 years, so maybe there's time for me to mend my ways. Maybe I should start by applying to join the girl guides....

13. excellent...
  14. I didn't realise I worked in a set room. Still I can't believe darksiders think we're easy to bait!
  15. Look no further than your last sentence.