This is what paying the "blood price" receives in return

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4623333.stm

Euan Blair accepts US internship

Euan Blair is about to graduate from Bristol University
Euan Blair, the prime minister's eldest son, is to work in Washington DC as an intern for Republican politicians.
The 21-year-old will spend three months working for the Committee on Rules in the House of Representatives - the lower chamber of the US Congress.

The move has surprised Democrats, who see the committee as highly partisan, says the Sunday Telegraph.

A Downing Street spokesman said the prime minister's son would also seek an internship with a Democrat politician.

Euan Blair is soon to graduate from Bristol University with an ancient history degree.

According to the committee's website, internships aim at giving students exposure to the political process.

"Duties our interns are responsible for include filing, assisting senior staff, sorting through mail, preparing for committee meetings and assembling folders," the website stated.

It is extremely surprising that the son of a Labour prime minister would intern with the Republican majority staff on the committee

The Sunday Telegraph claimed Californian congressman David Dreier, chair of the committee, would be Euan's mentor.

Mr Dreier was a part of the team assembled by California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to help the state tackle its economic crisis in 2003.

The newspaper reported the move had prompted surprise among Democrat politicians, who see the UK's Labour Party as their natural ally.

An aide to congresswoman Louise Slaughter, the leading Democrat on the committee, described it as "one of the most partisan" in Congress.

Eric Burns told the newspaper: "It is extremely surprising that the son of a Labour prime minister would intern with the Republican majority staff on the committee."

Downing Street said British diplomats had been involved in the process.

It just occured to me - does this mean that he will be following in tradition and dispensing blowjobs to Mr President? After all, his dad did take it up the hoop from Dubya. An interesting variation on the "mother and daughter".

No comment until the red mist clears. I presume this opportunity is available to all?

I heard on the news that the Embassy in Washington was involved in setting this up. My oldest wants to do his Masters in the States next year. I shall be writing to the Ambassador forthwith.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Nothing nasty about it - we'd be far better off there than as the lackeys of the Franco-German Axis. Given modern communications, distance isn't that much of a problem naymore anyway - and we're probably nearer the Mainland USA than Hawaii :)

Even better - get together with Australia and New Zealand and a few like-minded sensible countries. Pity Bliar doesn't like the commonwealth.

The representative he's interning with covers a notably affluent and gated part of Los Angeles. Which probably means he'll be spending some time here at the district office — you know, to "learn the process."

Watch your tabloids for baby Blair making a public a$$ of himself on the Sunset Strip with Paris Hilton soon... :roll:

Apparently the Republican politician he will be "interning" does in fact like a bit of hoop action!

From the Guardian:

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/labour/story/0,9061,1515389,00.html

Mr Dreier, 53 next week, has represented California in Congress since he was 28 and has been attacked from both left and right for supporting tax cuts and not being tough enough on illegal immigration. Gay groups accused him of being anti-gay, even though other opponents demanded that he "out" himself.

OldSnowy said:
Nothing nasty about it - we'd be far better off there than as the lackeys of the Franco-German Axis. Given modern communications, distance isn't that much of a problem naymore anyway - and we're probably nearer the Mainland USA than Hawaii :)

Even better - get together with Australia and New Zealand and a few like-minded sensible countries. Pity Bliar doesn't like the commonwealth.
I get the impression the Commonwealth doesn't like Tony B. Liar much above half either...which if he's going to send Alastair Campbell down to NZ to start a pi55ing match, then it seems they are justified?

When my granddaughter was at Uni doing her Political Studies degree fairly recently she applied for an internship and was told that they were not taking any from the UK.....................?????