This is what our "elected representatives" think o

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Nov 27, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The gulf between our "elected representatives" and "us" is greater than at any time since the Winter of Discontent. Our MPS view themselves as a professional class with greater concerns than what their mere constituents have. A wake-up call is needed at the next election and hopefully in due course Mr Banks will be "rewarded" for the keen interest he has shown in issues such as foxhunting, by grateful members of the public. :twisted:

2. Yes, well I suppose constituency work would be boring compared to fermenting a Communist revolution in the UK, like he wanted...

3. if he hated the job so much why stay for 22 years ? Dealing with the general public is horrible but tough . no savings dosent mention his pension does he ?

4. Hit the nail on the head with the 'professional class' comment. If MPs were only paid expenses there would be 90% fewer of the creatures currently with their snouts at the trough, but their replacements would be a better-motivated lot, I'd wager.

5. After 22 years he hadnt solved those cases, what the feck has he done for 22 years.

If he didnt like it that much why is he still around after 22 years.

SK

6. Lets face it, our band of MPs are only out for themselves and feck us Joe Public if we expect them to represent us!

Each day we are getting closer to a Police state with a few privileged individuals milking our country for all its worth :evil:

Some days I look at what our once great country has come to and it drives me to despair :(