This is sad

tragic

10thingymywatsits

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Survival of the fittest? Something tells me the come postmortem exmination will find he had an underlying condition and would've expired regardless of what he was doing.
Fair enough. I read it as you having a pop about his lack of preparedness.

You're probably right; the bleep test isn't exactly arduous to anyone with a reasonable level of fitness so heart problems or similar must be a possibility.

Fair enough. I read it as you having a pop about his lack of preparedness.

You're probably right; the bleep test isn't exactly arduous to anyone with a reasonable level of fitness so heart problems or similar must be a possibility.
The human body will stop before it damages itself i.e. you'll colapse breathing through your ******** before you damage your heart etc. So to fall down dead from exercise whilst not impossible is unlikely with someone who doesn't have an underlying condition.

T

trowel

How the hell do you work that one out?
I have known seemingly fit people drop dead in their tracks in their 20`s. Best it happens to this bloke in uk before he is in a situation where other people are relying on him.

I wouldn't say it is a rigorous fitness test as quoted by the Mirror; the primary school over the round from my work carry out the tests on the kids about once a month.

Still sad news

Weird thing, to get to 27 and be fit and healthy only to expire on what isn't the most exacting of tests. Only the breifing too, so nothing beforehand to put a strain on his heart.

Perhaps uncommon in someone only in their twenties but not that uncommon. I had a mate who collapsed on RE diver training and they found out he had a hole in his heart! luckily he survived but others have died on rigourous training of one sort or another. I also know two chaps who were both very fit and had heart attacks, one died on the rugby pitch and another died whilst driving his car, well he managed to stop on the side of the road and get his baby duaghter out of the car and into her buggy before keeling over!

We also had a Troop commander who became very ill one day on adv trg (too much alcohol the night before) and we all thought he had alcohol poisoning till the hospital found out he only had one kidney! Underlying and unknown medical conditions can obviosuly not be predicted and can suddenly rear up and bite!

Perhaps uncommon in someone only in their twenties but not that uncommon. I had a mate who collapsed on RE diver training and they found out he had a hole in his heart! luckily he survived but others have died on rigourous training of one sort or another. I also know two chaps who were both very fit and had heart attacks, one died on the rugby pitch and another died whilst driving his car, well he managed to stop on the side of the road and get his baby duaghter out of the car and into her buggy before keeling over!

We also had a Troop commander who became very ill one day on adv trg (too much alcohol the night before) and we all thought he had alcohol poisoning till the hospital found out he only had one kidney! Underlying and unknown medical conditions can obviosuly not be predicted and can suddenly rear up and bite!
After 25 years running over hiil and dale with relatively few problems, I had a mini stroke driving on the M5 because i had an undetected hole in my heart, similarly a friend in the Marines had a heart attack and passed away on or about D day TELIC no numbers and he was in a staff job - You never know when these things will crop up

P

pp0470

Live everyday as if it's your last, and make sure you manage a few 'must do' activities before you do pop off (soapy thai massage is my recommendation ;))