This is one of my favorite War movie endings.

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Trip_Wire, Mar 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

3. ice cold in alex! all the time
  4. Seconded, in fact arguably one of the best movie scenes ever.
  5. A Town Like Alice
  6. Yep, takes some beating. I also like the end of Hamburger Hill. I like the way that there's no celebration or speeches, just some lads looking back the way they came.
  7. Cross of Iron.
  8. squeekingsapper

squeekingsapper LE Reviewer

Agreed. Not long before the end, there is the bit where they are fighting forward up the hill to inspiring music, only to be cut down by their own heli's.

I also like the odd angry shot where the two of them end up having a beer at a bar (in Sydney?) which has been completely untouched by the war. For some reason that always seems to sum up 90% of the worlds conflicts.
  9. Glory

84 Charlie MoPic

The Dambusters
  10. gotta be the Dambusters for me. There's something uniquely British in the understated way it finishes as in job done carry on.
  11. My favourite war film ending is where they're attacking a machine gun post, they blow it up, and that's the end. It's an old film, can't remember the name.
  12. Here you go. I'll show this to my kids if they ever want to be stupid enough to join the infantry... like me
  13. Yes, that's it! Thanks.