This is going to sound silly but.

I know it seems childish but I really do belive if I geek it out and over train with fitness during my few years at a battalion I could be in with a chance. (leave negative feedback below if you have a small penis)
And this is where you will fail - if you overtrain you will nothing left in reserve; anyway, although your fitness will be tested, it is about mental strength, and you cannot overtrain for that.

You have two hurdles to cross. Getting in the Army is the first one. I'd keep your gob shut and worry about the second one later on.

Just saying!

Z

Zarathustra

Firstly this is not a joke/troll. I don't care if people are going to rip this but its my decision and hopefully if anyone on here can sympathise, please leave some feedback

I've decided to join a chippy regiment mercian or rifles do 3-4 years and apply for SF selection and hopefully get in 22.

I know it seems childish but I really do belive if I geek it out and over train with fitness during my few years at a battalion I could be in with a chance.

First thought would be join Parachute Regiment, everyone has that notion to go that path into special forces. About 70% of the SAS is made up of ex paras so they are all competing against each other.

Obviously Im not going to openly state "I want to join the SAS!" More play the grey man. Just want some advice really I've got the mental attitude.

I know you can only apply after serving 3-4 years but how does one go about doing this, is it just a matter of filling out a form and bang your on selection? (any complications from battalion)

I will always be maintaining my fitness but during the build up to a year before selection I will be 100% dedicated to a routine to pass, I've got the SAS fitness guide book. anyone recommend any workout plans, and what infantry skills to brush up on for selection.

Final question (I promise :) ) has anybody here done selection, if so would be very grateful if you could PM me how you got on and any tips.

Thank You

(leave negative feedback below if you have a small penis)

In the vain hope this isn't a wind up I will answer your question.

Concentrate on passing training and getting some experience and on some tours (if there's the opportunity).

The process for joining UKSF is pretty straight forward and once in you'll no doubt have the opportunity to sit through some pretty boring presentations and it's almost certain whatever unit you join will have one or two who have attempted and failed selection (for whatever reason) who'll be able to give you tips and advice.

I'm interested to know where you've got the impression that The Mercians and Rifles are "chippy" regiments.

Z

Zarathustra

Children if you're not going to contribute to the thread I suggest you limit yourselves to the NAAFI

Firstly this is not a joke/troll. I don't care if people are going to rip this but its my decision and hopefully if anyone on here can sympathise, please leave some feedback

I've decided to join a chippy regiment mercian or rifles do 3-4 years and apply for SF selection and hopefully get in 22.

I know it seems childish but I really do belive if I geek it out and over train with fitness during my few years at a battalion I could be in with a chance.

First thought would be join Parachute Regiment, everyone has that notion to go that path into special forces. About 70% of the SAS is made up of ex paras so they are all competing against each other.

Obviously Im not going to openly state "I want to join the SAS!" More play the grey man. Just want some advice really I've got the mental attitude.

I know you can only apply after serving 3-4 years but how does one go about doing this, is it just a matter of filling out a form and bang your on selection? (any complications from battalion)

I will always be maintaining my fitness but during the build up to a year before selection I will be 100% dedicated to a routine to pass, I've got the SAS fitness guide book. anyone recommend any workout plans, and what infantry skills to brush up on for selection.

Final question (I promise :) ) has anybody here done selection, if so would be very grateful if you could PM me how you got on and any tips.

Thank You

(leave negative feedback below if you have a small penis)
If you require any information regarding selection for 24 SAS please feel to PM at anytime. I can give you some hints and tips on passing the gruelling initial drinking phase and the advanced vomit eating hill phase. All leading up to successful selection and badging following excercise "Grand Slam"?

No one on here is going to give you advice re selection for 22. I would advise that you concentrate on getting in the Infantry and first off, see if you actually like it and it likes you! Dreams of being in the SAS often fade when faced with the harsh reality of selection. A couple of years in a Battalion will show if you have the potential but like I say, concentrate on being a good soldier first.

Whats a chippy regiment????
Funnily enough, it's a Guards thing! PARAs call everyone 'hats' Guards use Chippy. Maybe the OP has a relative in the Guards?

No one on here is going to give you advice re selection for 22. I would advise that you concentrate on getting in the Infantry and first off, see if you actually like it and it likes you! Dreams of being in the SAS often fade when faced with the harsh reality of selection. A couple of years in a Battalion will show if you have the potential but like I say, concentrate on being a good soldier first.
The only reason being that most of the contributors have attempted nothing more taxing in their careers than a PFT.

Anyway, I'll leave PARA 82, sorry - Infantry to conclude this thread.