this is going to sound realy stupid..

right.. im not scared of hights bt would find jumping out of a plane very scary. my quetion is... how many times a year do you jump out of a plane as a para if there is a average*(crap spelling) i did my 1.5 mile run in 8:59 on pre-selection today and was told i was good enough to be considered for paras which i have always wanted to do. and what heights do you jump from?
i now this is silly lol
thanks

I suppose if you have to ask you really shouldn't bother.

You jump out the back of a moving lorry onto a crash mat just like on bad lads army.

think people have mis-understood
i would jump! but i wa wondering if it is natural to feel nervouse* (sorry carnt spell for shit)
thanks

Why are you so worried about heights?If I were you I would be more worried about the chute not opening and the horrifiying prospect of knowing your life is at its end,just before you land at 200mph and turn into blood spurting entrail heap.

fellez08 said:
think people have mis-understood
i would jump! but i wa wondering if it is natural to feel nervouse* (sorry carnt spell for s***)
thanks
Dont worry,its not considered a bad thing where you are going :D

insert-coin-here said:
Why are you so worried about heights?If I were you I would be more worried about the chute not opening and the horrifiying prospect of knowing your life is at its end,just before you land at 200mph and turn into blood spurting entrail heap.
cheers m8 just what i needed haha

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
I'd be more worried about your platoon using you as a wank sock then throwing your lifeless body in a skip.
Especially if you get 3 Para Mortars...... 8O

i know nothing about it. but if you think about it, you'll be walking in a line (stick) down the side of the plane, where you probably wont be able to see out of/have the time to look out of any windows. so i imagine you wont have time to think about being scared plus you would'nt want to bring the jump to a halt and let all your mates down by suddenly changing your mind.
what i do know though is in the basic jumps course, you do 8 progressive jumps from f**k knows what height and that will usually be all the parachuting you'll ever do so i'm told.

it's natural to be afraid of heights, you could really hurt yourself falling from , say, 20 feet. However, altitude is a whole different kettle of fish!
sad thing is, if your canopy fails you can't kiss your arrse goodbye because you're still in the harness and can't reach!

clarkie_89 said:
i know nothing about it. but if you think about it, you'll be walking in a line (stick) down the side of the plane, where you probably wont be able to see out of/have the time to look out of any windows. so i imagine you wont have time to think about being scared plus you would'nt want to bring the jump to a halt and let all your mates down by suddenly changing your mind.
what i do know though is in the basic jumps course, you do 8 progressive jumps from f**k knows what height and that will usually be all the parachuting you'll ever do so i'm told.
hope thats true
can anyone verify?

Latest Threads