This is England

On now on Film 4 (starts again at 2200hrs on Film 4+1).

Brilliant. Set in 1983 following a young scally. Really raw and appears to be filmed in the style of improvised script.

Such memories! (Although I believe later on there is some serious racial skinhead stuff which of course I would never condone). :wink:

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
On now on Film 4 (starts again at 2200hrs on Film 4+1).

Brilliant. Set in 1983 following a young scally. Really raw and appears to be filmed in the style of improvised script.

Such memories! (Although I believe later on there is some serious racial skinhead stuff which of course I would never condone). :wink:
I remember back in the early 80's,Mods & Rockers used to descend on Bangor at the summer & have a scrap,The RUC had to draft men in from out of the town.

I saw this film last year, worth a watch. Not as hardcore as "Romper Stomper", but a better script.

A little brutal in places, but that's the way it was sometimes.

smudge67 said:
I saw this film last year, worth a watch. Not as hardcore as "Romper Stomper", but a better script.

A little brutal in places, but that's the way it was sometimes.

Get the fuck off my thread you cunt.

I've got this on DVD, a bloody amazing film, with a top soundtrack- if you haven't yet seen it, tune in.

Gutted, I forgot it was on. I cant watch it now, Ive missed the start!

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
brettarider said:
Top soundtrack

Go to the official 'This is England' website. They have the whole album on in the background.

I almost feel like dusting off my Doc Martens, pulling on my Crombie and going out to kick fuck out of a New Romantic. :D
I concur being a complete toilet and missing it. I was a tad busy. Please tell me you taped it!!

Nope. Gave it ten mins. Its rubbish. Must we gutter about trying to find decent Brit films?
And as for his other (Dead Mans Shoes) bolocks as well.
Just becos the lad mentions 'Der Falklands' does NOT mean we should wet our collective pants.

Cor, I remember Spangles/Metal MIckey Atomic Thunderbusters/Tiswas etc etc.
Stop it. Its poor nostalgia sh*te. Badly executed, poorly scripted 'blue remebered' w*nk.

There's my two cents. Go watch 'Tumbledown'. At least it featured a Human League t-short.....

Then as David Tinker said ' I shall tread lightly'.

I can just imagine Flashy as the little scrote in the film, perhaps why he likes it so much!
Weren't Skins also Anti Semantic as well Aunty Stella?

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
brettarider said:
Top soundtrack

Go to the official 'This is England' website. They have the whole album on in the background.

I almost feel like dusting off my Doc Martens, pulling on my Crombie and going out to kick fuck out of a New Romantic. :D
I've got my best Sherman out of the wardrobe today :oops:

On a possible note of interest to those who used to wear oxbloods...
Jimmy Cliff was just on Radio 4 - they are making a sequel to The Harder they Come! Not sure how they will include Jimmy's character (Ivan) as he got deaded at the end :?

Great quote from him when asked about how he thought about the Tories using 'You Can Get It If You Really Want'.

When you break down the word 'politics' you get 'poli', meaning many, and 'tics', a kind of parasitic animal...
Jimmy - this old skin salutes you!

DrStealth said:
Schleswig-Holstein said:
Ex-skin, sat here loving it... but hating the nazi-scum...
oi, check this out.

http://www.sharpskins.co.uk/

if you have trouble getting onto the site try.

http://www.myspace.com/sharpengland

Mate... I was a scooter/trojan skin, and we battled the B&H scum at various seaside towns around GB through the 1990s. :wink:

Happy days, but I hung the DMs up in the early 2000s. My mates are trying to get me back into the rallies, but I think I'd be heartbroken at a bunch of 45 year old skins....

Latest Threads