This is England

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by The-Lord-Flasheart, Jun 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On now on Film 4 (starts again at 2200hrs on Film 4+1).

Brilliant. Set in 1983 following a young scally. Really raw and appears to be filmed in the style of improvised script.

Such memories! (Although I believe later on there is some serious racial skinhead stuff which of course I would never condone). :wink:
  2. Yeah, brings back memories of the skinheads that were in my school, i think they're all accountants now :lol:
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I remember back in the early 80's,Mods & Rockers used to descend on Bangor at the summer & have a scrap,The RUC had to draft men in from out of the town.
  4. I saw this film last year, worth a watch. Not as hardcore as "Romper Stomper", but a better script.

A little brutal in places, but that's the way it was sometimes.

5. Get the fuck off my thread you cunt.
  6. I've got this on DVD, a bloody amazing film, with a top soundtrack- if you haven't yet seen it, tune in.
  7. Gutted, I forgot it was on. I cant watch it now, Ive missed the start!
  8. Ex-skin, sat here loving it... but hating the nazi-scum...
  9. Top soundtrack

10. Go to the official 'This is England' website. They have the whole album on in the background.

I almost feel like dusting off my Doc Martens, pulling on my Crombie and going out to kick fuck out of a New Romantic. :D
  11. I concur being a complete toilet and missing it. I was a tad busy. Please tell me you taped it!!
  12. Yes I did tape it.

What do you want me to do? Post 29,400 screen shots of it on here? :?
  13. The only tape I'd ever send dale is the one that I'd wrap her in before throwing her to the bottom of the marianas trench.

And I bet you we'd still fcuking here her from down there.

BTW, just to be semantic, it'd be 135,000 frames Flash :)
  14. Nope. Gave it ten mins. Its rubbish. Must we gutter about trying to find decent Brit films?
    And as for his other (Dead Mans Shoes) bolocks as well.
    Just becos the lad mentions 'Der Falklands' does NOT mean we should wet our collective pants.

Cor, I remember Spangles/Metal MIckey Atomic Thunderbusters/Tiswas etc etc.
    Stop it. Its poor nostalgia sh*te. Badly executed, poorly scripted 'blue remebered' w*nk.

There's my two cents. Go watch 'Tumbledown'. At least it featured a Human League t-short.....