This is bloody hard to read

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by OldRedCap, Oct 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What's difficult about reading another religious loon justifying blowing away his fellow man by telling himself the invisible man says it's ok?

He's no better than some of the other side, IMO.
  2. Don't care who wrote it - other side or whatever. It still involved facing some very dark thoughts
  3. I realise there were some big words in the article, but i read it quite easily, readings like anything else practice is the key.
  4. Have you been to an optician?
  5. llech, auxie, Im glad you feel that the last letter of a soldier killed in afghanistan is so amusing, you must live very happy lives. Cnuts.
  6. Touching yes, but he appears to have preferred being a soldier to doing anything else back in the US. He had prepared for the possibility of dying, and had come to terms with his actions as a soldier.

Something harder to read would be the letter from a young soldier who joined to avoid the credit crunch, still full of regrets and an unsettled conscience.
  7. It didn't read quite that way to me. It strikes me as someone who is having a very hard time dealing with life. It suggests to me that maybe he was a little too prepared to die.
  8. Get over it you bell end, never heard of black humour?
  9. Thanks for your terribly deep insight. I really don't know how I get through life without your propaganda and proselytizing.

If atheists weren't so bl00dy preachy, you'd almost think they weren't a religion.
  10. Care to explain the difference between "God said it's ok to kill" and "Allah says it's ok to kill"?

In simple terms and small words, obviously.
  11. I believe it is that God is from Beckenham and sits on many charitable committees, and Allah is a dirty Arab scrote.
  12. Don't be daft. The Ladies Committee has the Beckenham charities sown up and they wouldn't let God through the door. His son was some sort of sandal-wearing Communist, doncher know.

And he'd had an affair with a married woman. A wrong 'un and no mistake.

13. I don't think you quite understood what the man said. He did not say that "God said it's ok" He said that God would forgive him which is very different from God wants him to go into Wanat and kill every last muslim he sees. Which is pretty much what the opposition wants. You do him a disservice to make such a comparison.

Whether you agree with the war or not, the soldiers do not have a choice. You do not make policy, you are simply the instrument of that policy.

I find it disheartening in a way that you could read the words from a man that obviously knew his situation and the prophetic manner of his last journal entry and simply try to juxtapose them with the enemy.