• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

This is Belgian Belonging...

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I know many a young pup from Glasgow that needed the enforced imprisonment of basic to cut ties with the scum they mistook for friends.

I know many a young pup from Glasgow that needed the enforced imprisonment of basic to cut ties with the scum they mistook for friends.
In all seriousness the cut extended to when the Bn arms-plotted to far flung corners of the Empire ensuring that they virtually never went home.

Now units are getting stationed back to their catchment areas there is literally no escape for the poor sods. Everyone goes home at the weekend and all that changes is young Pte Bloggs now has a huge disposable income burning a hole in his trackkie bottoms.

Plumbing a very old memory, but when the BBC documentary "The Paras" was shown, in episode one it stated that baby paras (and guardsmen) were able to go home at night during the first week of training, a privilege that no-one else in the British forces had. Am I remembering that correctly? And if so, did anyone actually take advantage of it?

They were allowed to jack in week one without buying themselves out.
They could go home just not come back.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
In all seriousness the cut extended to when the Bn arms-plotted to far flung corners of the Empire ensuring that they virtually never went home.

Now units are getting stationed back to their catchment areas there is literally no escape for the poor sods. Everyone goes home at the weekend and all that changes is young Pte Bloggs now has a huge disposable income burning a hole in his trackkie bottoms.
You're exactly right. The Scots regiments are a prime case in point. Young lads from the schemes, recruited in and end up and hour and a half from their scheme... Nothing changes.

Plumbing a very old memory, but when the BBC documentary "The Paras" was shown, in episode one it stated that baby paras (and guardsmen) were able to go home at night during the first week of training, a privilege that no-one else in the British forces had. Am I remembering that correctly? And if so, did anyone actually take advantage of it?
It sounds very unlikely as Paras recruit from all over UK & Commonwealth, unless one of your parents lived in Aldershot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ugly

LE
Belgium is so small, you could probably easily commute from home to any barracks in the Country
Or simply step out into your garden and stand in a defensive position already sited by the Bosche!

Latest Threads