This is a question for all you PARAs

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by rbarnes182, Jun 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What happens to the ones that did not make it throught phase 2 training or P Coy, where do they go are they assigned to another regiment, thrown out the army or do they get a second chance?

2. They get another chance if they really want it but this of course is down to platoon staff coy commander's and p_coy sgt major's discretion. but my friend i passed out who attempted p-coy more than 5 times and eventually passed he was allowed to attempt it again because he was agood bloke!!!!

3. What did he fail the first 4 times for? He must have been a top-quality brew bitch by attempt number 5!

Fair play to him for sticking at it though.

4. Another question for paras then, why jump out of the plane in the first place!!! it lands and you can walk off like the rest of us normal/sane infantry types ffs!

5. so all you gotta do is be a good lad and try to bond with the staff, what regiment you in Slates?

6. you've answered your own question there slates because we are not or don't want to be like you "normal" bods nor are we sane!!!!!

7. was XIX, now Yorks

8. Taric, that's not you talking bollox again, is it? Certainly when I was up t'catterick, you got two chances if withdrawn, same if injured, and fcuked off if you jacked. Just pandering to my naturally sceptical nature here - but the Big Scary Men at P-Coy do not really rate people as 'good blokes' - if they do, there's no way you'd get told. I don't believe your 'failed four times' story, because it smells of bullshit. The staff would have no compunction in fcuking someone off after two failed attempts, let alone four.

9. Error Sarnian, we had a bloke fail 4 times and he took it again.

10. And passed

11. I sit corrected.

12. not bullshitting honestly sarnian i can't give names for obvious reasons but he was a real person and it was a real occurence even though i'm no longer in the regt it did happen and i'm sure there are some ITC catterick staff para depot who can vouch for this happening to quite a few recruits and if i remember right his fails weren't stand up fails either they were injury related and he spent most of his time being added to platoons just before test week until finally passing out with 685 rhine platoon. sorry if that doesn't turn you to believe me but that's all i can do!!!

13. When I did the P Course if you failed at any thing you were out. You either completed the whole course fully the the first time, and did it in style are you were RTU

14. well my friend battalion manning along with the drop in the standard of recruit calls for the wholes in the net to get slightly bigger!!!

15. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

sorry i might be a little thick, but does this mean they keep trying until pass, or do they get sent to a line regt instead?