This is a hell of a letter.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AIR FILTER, Oct 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bosh!
  2. Please don't encourage it. Just back away slowly, no sudden movements or it may notice you and pounce.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The GSA conference produced a music video in Vegas that went viral on You Tube. I think we taxpayers need to see what our monies paid for at the VA HR conference in Florida - Show the PATTON tapes!

George C Scott as Patton (1970).jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Take a look at that man Patton ... now take a look at that man Cameron ... One is a born leader, the other is a 21st Century Clusterfuck ... as Clint Eastwood would say!
  5. Damn it, I thought this thread was dedicated to the letter C.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Do you think they watched lock stock and two smoking barrels before sending that?

Shame our lot can not do the same.
  7. The 'born leader' was a delusional psycho who shouldn't have been given command of a latrine cleaning detail.
    The other one is a corporate manager in the 21st century clusterfuck style.
    Choose which one you want in charge of nuclear weapons.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Er...You DO realize that the man shown is the actor George C. Scott playing George Patton.. right? :? I have no idea if he is a psycho or not but he did turn down the Academy Award that he was given for playing that role citing political reasons.

Nearly anybody is better at 10 Downing Street than the two-headed monster of Nu-Labor of Blair and Broon - or so I am told. You'll have to figure out that one for yourselves. :p
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Yep. We don't confuse actors with Presidents. Unlike ... Er... Reagan?
    Quite seriously, I've read a lot of military and political history- and one of the very few of a wide range of pretty unsavoury people who I personally felt like hitting with a pickaxe was Patton. A monster of ego and arrogance.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Thanks for that. We have managed to 'figure' things out for ourselves for the last 2,000 years or so. This includes discovering your country and populating it with the sweepings of European gutters. Then deciding you were a bunch of fat ******* whiners and buzzing off to nick India, Africa, the Caribbean and some islands. Then we consolidated and invented art, culture, rock & roll and being the coolest ******* on the planet.

Currently we are watching Ken (life partner of Barbie) do battle with wassname... the Kenyan one?

It is funny as ****.

But please don't hesitate to come back if you feel there is anything us Brits need to 'figure out for ourselves'.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Whats wrong with the V&A their not going to charge to go in it like the science museum are they?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. You needn't have bothered; the country wasn't lost we knew where it was all the time. ;-) So just take your big canoes back across the water and take your European sweepings with you. We have enough on our plate as it is with the Spanish attempting to big it up down south. We don't want to get ugly.

Tecumseh grew up in the Ohio Country during the American Revolutionary War and the Northwest Indian War, where he was constantly exposed to warfare.[SUP][2][/SUP] With Americans continuing to encroach on Indian territory after the British ceded the Ohio Valley to the new United States in 1783, the Shawnee moved farther northwest. In 1808, they settled Prophetstown in present-day Indiana. With a vision of establishing an independent American Indian nation east of the Mississippi under British protection, Tecumseh worked to recruit additional tribes to the confederacy from the southern United States.[SUP][2][/SUP]
    During the War of 1812, Tecumseh's confederacy allied with the British in The Canadas (the collective name for the colonies of Upper Canada and Lower Canada), and helped in the capture of Fort Detroit. American forces killed Tecumseh in the Battle of the Thames, in October 1813. His confederation fell apart, the British deserted their Indian allies at the peace conference that ended the War of 1812, the dream of an independent Indian state in the Midwest vanished, and American settlers took possession of all the territory south of the Great Lakes, driving the Indians west or into reservations.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Hey Dukey old boy, forgive me for being familiar but I love your view of world affairs. Get a position with the UN immediately.
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Yes, but you had not invented the wheel in 2,000 years, had you? The ******* wheel. It is round, and it goes round and round. The wheel. No wonder you were a pushover to invade.

We sold you down the river. It was a long time ago and we were busy nicking India. Adjust.

Jesus. You people just do not learn, do you? I bet we sold the stupid **** down the river, didn't we?

Bollocks. We sat down to make a brew and they fucked off into the woods. And people wonder why we do not trust Americans?