This hot weather: the downside?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Troy, Jul 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Since this hot weather started I've noticed a huge decline in people's behaviour. I have seen and heard all sorts of poor driving, tyres squealing, radios blaring. Neighbours having rows, inside and outside their houses. Annoying kids being shouted at and smacked. Bad attitudes everywhere and loads of swearing voices. Not just near where I live, but out and about too. I reckon more people have a white-trash, chav side to their nature than they would admit to.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. sat outside the mess and the girls from the junior block are outside on the grass getting sun, me I am just checking no wasps land on them, even the guys who are glued to the bar have come outside for a friendly chat, funny that we are all checking for wasps, ooh one girl has been stung,,, no thats au naturel
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hot weather? I wish it was as cold here!
    • Like Like x 4
  4. I've certainly seen some cretinous behaviour on the Queen's highway over the last few days, and I can only hope that it's the hot weather which is responsible for the unusually virulent outbreak of twattishness on this site of late.
  5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I have no comment to make. But I shall return to this thread in November when the sleet is lashing in at 60mph sideways straight off of the Bering sea. And I shall remind you that you are a moaning git.

I am wearing pink knee shorts and a white tee shirt the neet. And I shall be wearing my Ray Ban Aviators until 10.00pm. Get in.
    • Like Like x 6
  6. SNAFU for me.
  7. I find I just end up getting pissed.
  8. Personally, I can't be arsed getting aggressive.

Myself, I've noticed a lot of people, more than usual, waving me out of junctions, or me being polite to them.

It's too bloody hot to bring on a thrombo........
  9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Birds wear less clothes and walk slower.

My Moderators may lock this thread now. The law has been spoken.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. No sign of a decrease in driving standards over here. In fact, most people seem to be driving slower due to the quantity of nubile young ladies wearing tight tops and short skirts............
    • Like Like x 1
  11. .
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I've also noted that the bin men seem more irate than normal.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. If I were you, I would move away from the Council Estate you are obviously ensconced on and settle in a more quiet, peaceful part of the country. The new neighbours children would currently be on a bonding holiday climbing hills in Columbia or other such delightful faraway places and therefore unheard. Any squealing of tyres and bad driving would be sorted out with the hastily delivered P45 to the miscreant chauffeurs. Rowing neighbours would be unheard due to their distance from your abode and a slight noise from your guests at the garden parties is only to be expected, but should still be a subdued murmur of pleasure as you entertain the creme de la creme of your new found circle of friends.

But as this is the Naafi, stop fucking whinging and enjoy it while it lasts.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Thanks Mr Iron, I'd appriciate the reminder, I sometimes forget that I'm a moaning git...

It isn't that I don't welcome the positive side to this weather, there are more girls showing boobs and wearing very short skirts and shorts, and the laundry dries quicker. Honestly it does, ask the maid...

But this thread was to raise the issue of heat affecting people's behaviour. Temper's getting frayed and that sort of thing. It seems like I've seen quite a bit more of it recently, and I bet I'm not the only one either. I can imagine people working in a customer service role would have noticed it much more; and I bet the police would certainly have noticed it too.

The other day in Lodon it was reported that a Woman sunbather was sexually assaulted. When I read that it reminded me of hearing, many years ago on Radio 4, that the shape of the graph of ice cream sales matches the graph for sexual assualts. Rather than just accepting the obvious fact that Ice cream consumption MUST be responsible for Sex attacks. I ventured the opinion that maybe, just maybe, the warmer weather could be the common factor. Daft Idea I know!

This situation where behaviour is affected by the weather must be more noticeable in places where the weather is more oppressive than in this neck of the woods.