This has to be the best chancer of recent years?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TalaveraTom, Jul 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw this today and couldn't stop laughing!

Attached Files:

2. That's pure class!

Chancer for PM! :lol:
  3. Victimless crime - kinda :lol: 3.fecking millions brill!
  4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Not too many places left without an extradition treaty or 'memorandum of understanding' (usually benefitting THEM and not us) thse days.

Thats if its true. Link?
  5. Sometimes the best plans are the simplest.. Think Madoff.. and this one is, in all likelihood, perfectly legal..
  6. If that's true, fair play to him.

Ladies & Gentlemen raise your glasses, The Chancer!
  7. I'm just wondering where my nearest zoo is :lol:
  8. I really hope that this story is gen up. What a top man, and a gent to boot. It's like something straight from the pages of The Chap. What i find so amusing is that he was at it for 23 years. 23 fecking years and no-one had a clue.

Chancer, no doubt you are on ARRSE. I salute you.
  9. Talavera Tom, you have been WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHED!!

10. Bastard!!! It would have been superb...Ah well!!

Thanks for your understanding Stilts :lol: A great tale none the less!

Off to the QM to sign out a Wah cloak for me :wink:
  11. darn good idea tho
  12. I wanted to do the same thing at the Russian Summer Ball a few weeks back - there already was a geezer doing the parking - kilted no less. Bastward :roll:
  13. Something similar really did happen in Worship Street, just north of Liverpool Street Station in 1987ish. Areas were being flattened in advance of construction, naturally with fences and padlocked gates.

An entrepreneur took a bolt cropper to the padlock of one of the areas and hoisted a sign offering cheap parking. Being far cheaper than NCP (and the parking meter rule of maximum 4 hrs had just been introduced), he made an absolute killing.

Although "his" car park was directly opposite the site offices, he got away with it for nearly 2 months. I believe that his downfall came one evening when somebody from the site needed to get into the compound and found that his key didn't fit the replaced padlock.
  14. Outstanding.

Should they ever catch up with him .....

I think a LS & GC is in order!!