This guy can get work so how hard can it be ?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BounceBanana, Jul 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heh. At least he's working, even if the pizzas might get delivered with a few less slices of pepperoni than usual.

2. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, but he's not in prison - where he richly deserves to be.

Steals about £6K worth of stuff and gets 240 hours of community work and a £1 fine.

What a fcuking joke.

Wordsmith

• Like Like x 1
  3. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. To be honest, at the rate Yodel pay it's not a great surprise. I looked at the rate they offered me and it worked out at about 10 to 20 quid a day after costs, not including setting aside to get a new van or renting/HP on a new one/the inevitable repairs a 40 to 80 stop/start days would end up needing

5. It's nice that you lot are giving someone with Down's syndrome a go...

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. Err, he has a "string of convictions" and an "appalling criminal record" and Yodel not only hire him but let him take charge of one of their vans unsupervised in the hands of a man with a "57-offence criminal CV". It's as inevitable an outcome as you'd expect if you left a 70s BBC DJ in charge of a Brownies picnic. My conclusion here is you'd be an idiot ever to use such a completely insecure service. I do hope justice was done and loss of contracts and sackings followed.

• Like Like x 3
  7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Thank you for introducing me to a genuinely new experience - a post from BounceBanana that isn't complete and utter cockwhiffle.

The Meds are obviously working. Those strong ones take a few weeks to work up to peak efficacy, but they seem to be doing the trick. Don't stop taking them!

• Like Like x 4
  8. it should be yodel that gets locked up.It takes the ***** four and a half days to do a next day delivery.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yodel use drivers who are self-employed, full or part time home-based couriers.

They pay such utterly shit rates per delivery they have huge turnover and are always trying to get drivers, pretty much everywhere and will take pretty much anyone who has a vehicle, mobile phone, driving licence and internet access.

As for the quality of their selection process, look at this.

Courier vacancy's - Yodel

Now how many basic spelling errors did you spot, children?

10. Just the one, it should be vacancies, not vacancy's.

11. Aye.The one that eventually turned up at mine was about seventy,and walked with a walking stick,

12. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

I believe this is called the peanut/monkey interface...

Wordsmith

13. It's a title - it should be Vacancies!

Right, there's the page title done - three words and only two grammatical errors. I hate to think what the page must be like.

14. Also,if you phone them to complain its an automated number that costs a bomb. It takes for ever to contact them.Better to go the local depot and kick off like ****.