This bloody weather! How is it affecting you?

This non-stop rain is really getting me down now. OK, I'm not flooded out like some folks but aside from having a leaking roof that's filling up a bucket in the living room, just looking out of the window and seeing nothing other than a variation between drizzle and driving rain is really depressing and frustrating in equal measure....

I live in a Spa town not far from the M5 and I am restricted to bottled water, also, my tomatoes wont ripen ffs!

Alsacien

MIA
EX_STAB said:
This non-stop rain is really getting me down now. OK, I'm not flooded out like some folks but aside from having a leaking roof that's filling up a bucket in the living room, just looking out of the window and seeing nothing other than a variation between drizzle and driving rain is really depressing and frustrating in equal measure....

When your bucket is full, could you bring it around to my parents so the crapper can get flushed?

Alsacien said:
EX_STAB said:

When your bucket is full, could you bring it around to my parents so the crapper can get flushed?
You mean it's not raining round your way? :omg:

My jalepinos and bird's eye chillies are in a greenhouse type of thing and the first few have come through. My normal peppers are on strike also!

Its been quite nice were I am :D

I thought Britain has always been infamous for rain?

Anyway... we've had some nifty storms here with monsoon like rains but the 80+ degree sunny days in between make it worthwhile. Of course, this is in New England on the Western edge of the Atlantic...

Mr_Deputy said:
Buy an umbrella/poncho/rain coat and cheer up everyone!
Have faith, it must improve at some point and in between the showers i for one shall be barbequing and wearing surf shorts and flip flops like a good 'un.
Hear hear... stiff upper lip and all that... failing that a fridge full of cold beer :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

Cant believe how bad its been, not amongst it all, thank God.

Raining like mad here but live on the steepest hill in the world (well nearly!) so lucky that way. Am hoping for sun in a week cos had loads of plans made.

Can do naff all in the rain.

Edited to add: and Ive already bought in loads of BBQ food, I would like to use it up!!

Mr_Deputy said:
If you've got a week off work and its raining too much I suggest some good quality booze and lots of jiggy-jiggy. It's what the doctor would suggest.
2 weeks to be precise and getting jiggy is on top of my list of priorities. As well as going to the zoo, i've never been to the zoo before :D

A balmy 35Celsius with a slight breeze, blue skys and sunshine. As it is so warm here I now have to wait until late afternoon to walk the dog (just got a 10 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback from the local shelter). Typical route is to bimble down to the Danube and walk along until finding a decent pub (this can often take as long as 200metres). Have a pint and watch the girls walk by before walking slowly back home.

The paprika, melons and grapes are all doing very well, as are my oleanders and roses. The fig tree has almost finished its first crop. Must confess to being very surprised by one of my magnolia trees though: it is having a second flowering at the moment (first was in April to May).

Now must go and walk the dog as the little bugger is too strong for my wench. Must be at least two weeks since it rained. Lovely summer, and proving hot enough to get rid of a respectable amount of old codgers if the news is to be believed.