Thirty men and one woman (all Muslims) charged with sexually abusing girls in West Yorkshire

WALT

War Hero
Regardless of the behaviour of Muslims, the protection of female babies was baked into the initial stages of Islam where the prophet Mohammed tackled the habit of burying female babies. There is also a lot of religious importance placed on protecting female children. Whether or not that translates into actions is debatable but I can't think of other religions where that is documented.
Ok, it's good that these sentiments were included, but don't you find it a bit alarming that the culture made this necessary? Oh, and doesn't seem to have made much impact in the intervening 1300 years.

However, I'm biased. I have a one and a half year old daughter who already shows the potential to be more intelligent than me (shut it. I know that's not difficult) and cannot even comprehend how someone can bring themselves to terminate such an opportunity for the world. I am, even now, beginning to accept that I'm storing up a world of pain for me later, but such is life.

I certainly don't get the total ignorance of only wanting to bring males into the world. By eliminating the females, you're going to make your pride and joy pretty miserable in his later life. As is now illustrated by the present situation in India.

I've only one explanation. Total ignorance.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I certainly don't get the total ignorance of only wanting to bring males into the world. By eliminating the females, you're going to make your pride and joy pretty miserable in his later life. As is now illustrated by the present situation in India.

Not being funny here but if you need a Jihadi Army worldwide, the more males the better, the few females left will be breeding machines to turn out more males.

WALT

War Hero
Not being funny here but if you need a Jihadi Army worldwide, the more males the better, the few females left will be breeding machines to turn out more males.

But that means , after 20 years you have to have violent expansion or suffer the consequences. Ah............

Ok, it's good that these sentiments were included, but don't you find it a bit alarming that the culture made this necessary? Oh, and doesn't seem to have made much impact in the intervening 1300 years.

However, I'm biased. I have a one and a half year old daughter who already shows the potential to be more intelligent than me (shut it. I know that's not difficult) and cannot even comprehend how someone can bring themselves to terminate such an opportunity for the world. I am, even now, beginning to accept that I'm storing up a world of pain for me later, but such is life.

Aye it's horrible that some cultures have always regarded females as being worthless, such as Sikhs, Hindus & whatever we describe the Chinese as being. In those cultures it's a practice which is swept under the carpet except for instances where there is a large gender imbalance or images of dead female babies are shared online. As far as I know, no other religion attempts to address this phenomenon.

And whether you like it or not, that's an issue that was identified 1400 years ago in the ME but is still ongoing elsewhere, as I've mentioned.

The ME is a sh1t-show for women but as far as I know, female infanticide & aborted female foetuses aren't as big an issue as in areas it is culturally more accepted.

I think the problem has many different roots. One of those roots is mealy-mouthed white women with shortish hair with blue streaks, goes by the name “Roz” although she was christened Kellie. Failed in her chosen career so went back to college as a mature student and studied social work. Can’t get a bloke cos of her attitude and lack of looks so now identifies as lesbian.
The whole public sector, including the emergency "services" are full of “Roz”s.
Fixed