Thirty men and one woman (all Muslims) charged with sexually abusing girls in West Yorkshire

Think broader, what is the common denominator between these two groups ?
Islam!

Oh, wait... Is it a fondness for ******* kids and the use of religious justifications for doing so?

There is no racist or religious factor in these crimes, its just a big coincidence that all the victims are white non Muslims.
All of the victims weren't.

Have you found any regional stats? As you'll appreciate if a large chunk of your 23% non white kids are black kids in London it isn't going to be reflected with abused kids in Rotherham.

Not that you can say jack shit with statistics if your sample is, say, 5 girls in Rotherham.

Plenty of regional statistics but not split by race that I've found so far.
The data is probably out there but there is a lot to sift through before you find what you want

Doesn't mean they were targeting them because they were white.

They were vulnerable kids who happened to be from a majority white background.

"revolving around race, class and gender" it should help if you contextualise that. You can see the correlation with gender to heterosexual rape. Race doesn't fit as well, but would be more indicative of "from a different community to the offender" in a not shitting on your own doorstep context.
Class is harder, unless it's a lazy inference for being more likely to be on the streets in inner city areas where they'll encounter dodgy cabbies etc. That or it tells us more about the attitude of the person that wrote the report.

I doubt either the offenders or victims thought they were involved in criminal activity at the outset. If I'm right Robinson 'n his ilk aren't helping anyone.
Did you really just defend CSE with the "but they were gagging for it" excuse?

You truly are a loathsome creature.

I think it's insightful:

There's always going to be vulnerable children and those who'll exploit them. We rely on the police, and other agencies, to ensure they don't . That evidently failed to happen soon enough.

It'd be fairer to say some police and look for failings of policy and communication in the system too. But there's no fun in that for shouty bigots.

The truely obscene part of this whole subject is that both Police and Social Services made a deliberate decision not to pursue these crimes.
It wasn't accidental and it wasn't ineptitude. It was deliberate policy.

As much as a I really want the paedophiles and rapists punished, I would like to see the proffesional bodies who decided not to bother protecting children because it was difficult face consequences for their actions.

You would fail GCSE statistics with that level of "Analysis"

Probably. But it isn't an analysis, its a direct answer to a question which asked about the ethnic mix of children in care.
Roughly a quarter of children in care are non white. That mix is not comparable to the ethnic mix of victims in the gang grooming cases we are talking about which is predominantly white.

I have neither the time, data, inclination or skill to provide an "analysis" of that. Merely answer the question I was asked.

Have there ever been any "Catholic" sex gangs/nonces? If there have (though I'm sure it's a crime only committed by muslamics) can we condemn Catholicism and all its followers because of a few individuals (please?)

I went to a Catholic Boarding School (as the token Proddy-dog)
Maybe there is a similarity between the two groups and a perception issue this generates. Clearly there are abusers in each group but we know they are small in numbers, the suspicion though is the in each case in the wider community there is a "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" approach to protect reputation, no-one wants their community to look less than perfect. In each case the authorities seem to either (passively or negatively and for reasons of protecting themselves too) collude in or ignore what is going on.

Inevitably though the nasty goings on do leak out, the protectors carry on protecting to the bitter end with the inevitable result being of loss of trust by those outside of the groups, and you don't get that back in a hurry, but what might help is acknowledgement of the problems/their causes and why these were not addressed.

After all if no-one wants to admit the problem then it ain''t going to get fixed, trust is gone, societal cohesion eroded and everyone retreating even further into their own tribe. The do-gooders have become the do-badders, not by intent maybe but de-facto.

Lets just say the lies of moi commented on this hypothetical thread regardless of motive by reason of geography and ex-serving I would be a be a bitter sectarian loyalist biggot protestant (married to a catholic BTW) and that is probably one of the reasons this thread never started. Judging by comments on here over the years ARRSE is probably over subscribed by people from my neck of the woods who are not interested in that debate for precisely the reasons I have cited and because they are smart enough to not care.
I wasn't asking for your opinion. I was asking Maple why he hasn't started one because is keen to point out CSE and subsequent cover ups by the Catholic Church.
As for those "who are not interested in that debate " , don't read or get involved in the discussion.

Maybe there is a similarity between the two groups and a perception issue this generates. Clearly there are abusers in each group but we know they are small in numbers, the suspicion though is the in each case in the wider community there is a "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" approach to protect reputation, no-one wants their community to look less than perfect. In each case the authorities seem to either (passively or negatively and for reasons of protecting themselves too) collude/ignore in what is going on.

Inevitably though the nasty goings on do leak out, the protectors carry on protecting to the bitter end with the inevitable result being of loss of trust by those outside of the groups, and you don't get that back in a hurry, but what might help is acknowledgement of the problems/their causes and why these were not addressed.

After all if no-one wants to admit the problem then it ain''t going to get fixed, trust is gone, societal cohesion eroded and everyone retreating even further into their own tribe. The do-gooders have become the do-badders, not by intent maybe but de-facto.
Agree 100 % with one addition. In the case of the Catholic Church, it was the Church itself that ignored , covered up and helped priests avoid the truth coming out / justice being done. In the case of the grooming gangs to date, it appears to be a combination of community, police, social services and local government who ignored their crimes

I wasn't asking for your opinion. I was asking Maple why he hasn't started one because is keen to point out CSE and subsequent cover ups by the Catholic Church.
As for those "who are not interested in that debate " , don't read or get involved in the discussion.
I was not having a go at you, was just pointing out that any opinion the likes of me would have would be seen as something it is not.

You are correct they have been but like you are all so keen to point out about the muslim rape gangs they are being dealt with by the courts likewise paedophile priests are too. Just seems more prolific with the muslim gangs because they are gangs whereas individual priests have been prosecuted going on 20 years now, its not new now and its less common. There have been a few Cof E priests also so dont forget that. There were cover ups that were wrong but the abuse was rarely organised like it was with the muslim gangs, most of them priests were acting alone.
WhAt about the events at schools such as Downside, Ampleforth and St Wilfred’s at Market Weighton? All in the news recently and all clearly organised.

Agree 100 % with one addition. In the case of the Catholic Church, it was the Church itself that ignored , covered up and helped priests avoid the truth coming out / justice being done. In the case of the grooming gangs to date, it appears to be a combination of community, police, social services and local government who ignored their crimes
Indeed, different lots and variations on motives but pretty much the same syndrome at work underneath this all. It should be noted also that each of those contributing to this sad state of affairs will mumble the same platitudes, excuses, justifications for failure. The general public see this all and what do you know, the deflection, obfuscation, ditherer and delay have made things so much worse and so much more difficult to fix in their eyes.

I don't trust the promises of those at the helm to right the wrongs and make sure it never happens again, who does? Same s***, different day. No wonder many are turning to the populist kind of messiahs now striding around the the Western world, they of course are as bad as the rest but it is easy pickings for them at the moment, expect to see more of this I suggest.

Last edited:
Tbf I'm sure, in days gone by, blind eyes have been similarly turned to activities that were carried out by certain individuals.

didn't various organisations ignore Jimmy saville's antics for years?

In the present case liberals should hang their head in shame, read @WO2.Ghandi's posts for a demonstration in how it works. Knee-jerk feelings that they 'no-like that' and they start dropping the 'wacism' bomb to close down debate.

It's lazy and complicit with the act. All and any examples of concert should be investigated. The police and other organisations shouldn't have to listen to idiots telling them that they are 'wacist' or 'don't understand the culture of the perps'.

How many Muslim girls did they abuse?.
In my opinion many not all Muslim women and girls are born into a life of abuse, where their compliance with the norms of their culture, offers lesser abuse..not none

Have there ever been any "Catholic" sex gangs/nonces? If there have (though I'm sure it's a crime only committed by muslamics) can we condemn Catholicism and all its followers because of a few individuals (please?)

I went to a Catholic Boarding School (as the token Proddy-dog)
As a West of Scotland Prod I think this idea may have been used before.

......well it's important to have a hobby......and in the words of Lady Whiteadder "Cold is God's way of telling us to burn more Catholics"

What where the mores of what later became England in around 700 AD?
You have moved on a bit since then, in Islam Mo is the perfect man and to be emulated though, I have never met anyone who fancied emulating Eadwulf the Usurper though.