thinking of Repeaking my peak cap for wedding, good or bad?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Reme_dave, Apr 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Getting married in my number ones and debating wether or not 2 repeak my cap? Whats the genaral veiws on this? You think it looks good or awful?

And is there any guides on how to do it so if i do decide to do it i dnt mess it up?

Thanks, dave
  2. I dont know if its actully called repeaking, i dont mean putting in a new peak, i mean when the peak gets cut and put flat instead of sticking out.
  3. I think the term you're looking for is 'slashed'.
  4. And it makes you look like a coont on photo's because you have to have your head so far back - don't do it for your wedding.

Slashed peaks are for the drill square. IMHO.

5. Listen to Mighty Blighty.

He is wise !
  6. Why stop there?

You can pick up all sorts of honours and awards on ebay. And its all perfectly legit on your wedding day. Look it up in QRs.
  7. Why don't you just borrow somebody else's? Then you can look in a mirror and decide if you like it - and still have your own in an unbutchered state.
  8. You may be getting married in number ones, but if you slash you peak you'll look like a number two.
  9. Can somebody explain to me why you "slash" yor peaks please? Is it common practise / encouraged or is it mainly for the uber army-barmy??

10. sorry for using it but i need to say "lol" to that. I didnt no u could do that. Id feel like a cheat tho. Just the one lonley medal and treat my self to a stripe. Whish id known about the sword, thought it was only officers. Think it might be to late to get one now
  11. REME and slashed peaks......... don't go there. The hats you wear look chomp as they are. They look worse when some biff takes a scalpel to them.
  12. What a nig i am haha. But Its sometimes hard to judge sarcasam when your nieve bout something.

Thanks for all the advise, il be keeping my peak the way it was ment to be.

And thank you verticalgyro i will enjoy. But as for the bridesmaids, im sorry to disapoint but there very very young. And cant really say maybe next time either lol.
  13. Are you really ranking yourself up?
  14. Dead on :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:
  15. You won't want to hear this - but the ones you wear don't look any better just 'cos they've got a Gds Bde badge above the slashed peak, and a dopy woodentop hiding his face behind it :D