thinking of Repeaking my peak cap for wedding, good or bad?

#1
Getting married in my number ones and debating wether or not 2 repeak my cap? Whats the genaral veiws on this? You think it looks good or awful?

And is there any guides on how to do it so if i do decide to do it i dnt mess it up?

Thanks, dave
 
#2
I dont know if its actully called repeaking, i dont mean putting in a new peak, i mean when the peak gets cut and put flat instead of sticking out.
 
#3
I think the term you're looking for is 'slashed'.
 
#4
Dragstrip said:
I think the term you're looking for is 'slashed'.
And it makes you look like a coont on photo's because you have to have your head so far back - don't do it for your wedding.

Slashed peaks are for the drill square. IMHO.


MB
 
#6
verticalgyro said:
While you're on, don't forget to go a rank up and wear a sword.
Why stop there?

You can pick up all sorts of honours and awards on ebay. And its all perfectly legit on your wedding day. Look it up in QRs.
 
#7
Why don't you just borrow somebody else's? Then you can look in a mirror and decide if you like it - and still have your own in an unbutchered state.
 
#8
Reme_dave said:
Getting married in my number ones and debating wether or not 2 repeak my cap? Whats the genaral veiws on this? You think it looks good or awful?

And is there any guides on how to do it so if i do decide to do it i dnt mess it up?

Thanks, dave
You may be getting married in number ones, but if you slash you peak you'll look like a number two.
 
#9
Can somebody explain to me why you "slash" yor peaks please? Is it common practise / encouraged or is it mainly for the uber army-barmy??


Cheers.
 
#10
Dragstrip said:
verticalgyro said:
While you're on, don't forget to go a rank up and wear a sword.
Why stop there?

You can pick up all sorts of honours and awards on ebay. And its all perfectly legit on your wedding day. Look it up in QRs.
sorry for using it but i need to say "lol" to that. I didnt no u could do that. Id feel like a cheat tho. Just the one lonley medal and treat my self to a stripe. Whish id known about the sword, thought it was only officers. Think it might be to late to get one now
 
#11
REME and slashed peaks......... don't go there. The hats you wear look chomp as they are. They look worse when some biff takes a scalpel to them.
 
#12
verticalgyro said:
Reme_dave said:
Dragstrip said:
verticalgyro said:
While you're on, don't forget to go a rank up and wear a sword.
Why stop there?

You can pick up all sorts of honours and awards on ebay. And its all perfectly legit on your wedding day. Look it up in QRs.
sorry for using it but i need to say "lol" to that. I didnt no u could do that. Id feel like a cheat tho. Just the one lonley medal and treat my self to a stripe. Whish id known about the sword, thought it was only officers. Think it might be to late to get one now
I was taking the piss mate. Wear your #1s with pride, wear the medals and rank you have earned, don't slash your peak unless you're a RS Stroker and most of all, enjoy the day.

Post some pics of the bridesmaids for us as well.
What a nig i am haha. But Its sometimes hard to judge sarcasam when your nieve bout something.

Thanks for all the advise, il be keeping my peak the way it was ment to be.

And thank you verticalgyro i will enjoy. But as for the bridesmaids, im sorry to disapoint but there very very young. And cant really say maybe next time either lol.
 
#14
Dragstrip said:
Reme_dave said:
Getting married in my number ones and debating wether or not 2 repeak my cap? Whats the genaral veiws on this? You think it looks good or awful?

And is there any guides on how to do it so if i do decide to do it i dnt mess it up?

Thanks, dave
You may be getting married in number ones, but if you slash you peak you'll look like a number two.
Dead on :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:
 
#15
Jacob1650 said:
REME and slashed peaks......... don't go there. The hats you wear look chomp as they are. They look worse when some biff takes a scalpel to them.
You won't want to hear this - but the ones you wear don't look any better just 'cos they've got a Gds Bde badge above the slashed peak, and a dopy woodentop hiding his face behind it :D
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#16
danny842003 said:
Are you really ranking yourself up?
Wouldn't you ?
Everyone I know has followed Dress Regs in this respect and taken the extra tape and sword, it's not as if he'll be getting paid the difference is it ?
You go for it Dave and as VG says, enjoy the day.
 
#17
verticalgyro said:
While you're on, don't forget to go a rank up and wear a sword.
You might also want to consider an eye-patch in a friendly shade of black and a parrot on your shoulder. A pair of nice pink gloves would set the whole ensemble off very nicely too.

MsG
 
#18
Stonker said:
Jacob1650 said:
REME and slashed peaks......... don't go there. The hats you wear look chomp as they are. They look worse when some biff takes a scalpel to them.
You won't want to hear this - but the ones you wear don't look any better just 'cos they've got a Gds Bde badge above the slashed peak, and a dopy woodentop hiding his face behind it :D
Oh yes they do!
:twisted:
 
#19
Stonker said:
You won't want to hear this - but the ones you wear don't look any better just 'cos they've got a Gds Bde badge above the slashed peak, and a dopy woodentop hiding his face behind it :D
I agree, in part, with what you say. It has nothing to do with the Badge or Star worn above the peak, it has nothing to do with the face behind it.

But a well slashed and bowstrung Guards Forage Cap just has something about it. That's why a lot of Chipsters try to copy the look........... but fail miserably because their hat is a saggy bag of shite with a poorly slashed peak.
 

Latest Threads