Thinking of (re)Applying, but there's a catch

cpunk

LE
Given that you are now 26, you will need to pass Main Board before May or you won't be accepted, unless you intend to apply for one of the few corps - AGC, RAMC and Int Corps, iirc - which can apply for an 'age waiver'.

Given that you are now 26, you will need to pass Main Board before May or you won't be accepted, unless you intend to apply for one of the few corps - AGC, RAMC and Int Corps, iirc - which can apply for an 'age waiver'.

I think it works slightly differently, in that AGC, RAMC and Int don't apply for an age waiver but do have to 'confirm' you as a cadet before you are eligible for Sandhurst.

cpunk

LE
I think it works slightly differently, in that AGC, RAMC and Int don't apply for an age waiver but do have to 'confirm' you as a cadet before you are eligible for Sandhurst.

It amounts to the same thing: they can apply for an age waiver because they are confirming that they will accept you as a cadet when you pass out of RMAS.

Number16

Clanker
That's the aim. Likely, due to timings, and having to start the process over again, it won't be May by the time I attend main board. However, Int is my first choice, and was in the top 3 when I went for my first board.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Without wanting in any way to pee on your gingerbread, you do realise that the Int Corps is massively oversubscribed in the Rupert-to-be department and is being, I gather, very, very choosy indeed when it selects young heroes from Sandhurst? I suspect you'll have to impress the living shite out of the Corps to secure sponsorship for an age waiver. The very best of luck with the application and the Board, though and bear in mind that you can become a chartered member of the Institute of Personnel and Development in the AGC or.... something else, don't know what, in the RAMC, should your cunning plan not work out quite as you hope.

Latest Threads