Thinking of joining up

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by tomsim, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey I'm 20 years old and thinking of joining up. I work as an electrian out here, and am looking at either goining in as the same trade or another trade within the Royal engineers or the REME. However I wear contact lenses and I wonder how this may effect me. I well within the -7 correct limit. However after doing some searches on here using the search application searching for threads about eyesight I've read a few threads were people say they have been defferd at adsc for poor unaided eyesight one person for a vechicle mech. and an over for amourer who said all the REME and royal engineers jobs were closed to them because of there eyesight. The only jobs they appeared to be offerd were infantry, pioneer, or clerk. I'm worryied because I no my eyesight isn't great without my contacts will this mean I won't be able to do my trade in the army or a different trade?

2. Your best bet for getting a sensible and reliable answer to this is to visit your local ACIO and ask your questions there.

3. Oh dear, head down the local AFCO, seriously!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.