Thinking of Joining The Signals

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by hopkins619, May 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys im thinking about joining the royal signals as an installation tech i have the required grades i have already applied online and have just recently sent of my online medical

Question 1 : How long on average does it take from application to start phase 1

Question 2 : i recently broke 2 of my teeth and have not been to the dentist about it so would this hinder my chances of failing the medical

question 3: For the role i have chosen am i likely to receive a full driving license and what i mean by that is i have heard that there are 2 types of licenses Military and then Just like commercial so would i gain both of these or just the military

Thanks for your time Hopkins619
  2. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

1 - Time varies from person to person. It depends how quikly your med goes through (all clear) doing the BARB and cognitive test, passing the interview, passing selection and course starts date.2 - Yes it can, try and get them sorted3 - There is no seperate license. If you pass your car test you get a civci lecense. You will need a military drivers permit to drive military vehicles but you must have the civvi license and pass a familiaristion on the vehicle
    • Like Like x 1
  3. thanks for the fast response man :D
  4. I was thinking the same tbh cause i knew that they fix your teeth when you are in so i did not see why i would fail because ive not got that bad peggies :D
  5. --. --- / ..-. --- .-. / .. - / -- .- - . --..-- / -.. ..- .-.. .-.. / -... ..- - / .-- --- .-. - .... .-- .... .. .-.. .
    • Like Like x 1

6. 'Meth Mouth' LOL

were they really that bad?

To OP: Application can vary from 3 months to a year who knows, just use the time wisely now to work on fitness and research your potential jobs thoroughly, what happens in phase 1 & phase 2 training etc in preparation for your interview and selection.
  7. haha i can swim anwyay i would think the only thing which could hinder me going in is my teeth haha i dont like needles but ive not got dog shit breath i do brush and stuff just like 2 of my back teeth are broke
  8. Good point. I was a non swimmer. Pink armbands and being chucked off the 10m board wasn't much fun ;-)