Thinking of joining the infantry

Hi all, looking for some advice,

I know my alphabet, I can read and write and also count to 10, am I over qualified to join 3 Mercian or is it all infantry units?

Also, why do 1 RRF in Fally talk funny?

Thanks in advance

:S I'm going for infantry and i got good grades at school and college. Just because some people join the infantry because of intelligence issues doesn't mean all do.

brew_boy said:
Fallschirmjager said:
Not all join the infantry because of limited intelligence. Take me as an example. :)
sorry pal, never knew Stephen Hawkin was in the infantry.
hahaha done a belter ;)

To be honest, there are thickos in the infantry just there are in the Engineers or Artillery. And i suppose it will be the same in those units where the more 'switched on' you are the further you will go (other factors including). There are many in the infantry who excel at soldiering without any qualifications and there are also those with 'A' levels that do not possess an ounce of common sense.
Soldiering, especially on current operations is about being able to think on your feet and having the ability to weigh up myriad options available to you. Much of it comes from a little intelligence and a lot of experience.

Billy0le said:
:S I'm going for infantry and i got good grades at school and college. Just because some people join the infantry because of intelligence issues doesn't mean all do.

attendance and your 5 metre swimming badge does not count as good grades at school unless your in the 3 mercian recruiting area!!

Fallschirmjager said:
To be honest, there are thickos in the infantry just there are in the Engineers or Artillery. And i suppose it will be the same in those units where the more 'switched on' you are the further you will go (other factors including). There are many in the infantry who excel at soldiering without any qualifications and there are also those with 'A' levels that do not possess an ounce of common sense.
Soldiering, especially on current operations is about being able to think on your feet and having the ability to weigh up myriad options available to you. Much of it comes from a little intelligence and a lot of experience.

how can you think on your feet if you have to take your boots off to count past 10. :D

brew_boy said:
Billy0le said:

attendance and your 5 metre swimming badge does not count as good grades at school unless your in the 3 mercian recruiting area!!
wow i wish i was as clever as you, that way i could come on a forum and start abusing people i think are inferior.

everyone is inferior to me, when i was in the TA i once went on exercise on salisbury plain for 4 days and we had to dig shell scrapes and stuff

Don't question whether you should join due to lack of intelligence but whether or not you would be suited to the lifestyle because that's the main reason for joining infantry.

brew_boy said:
everyone is inferior to me, when i was in the TA i once went on exercise on salisbury plain for 4 days and we had to dig shell scrapes and stuff
Do they dig shell scrapes in the REME then? Come back when you know what current infantry work involves.

Fallschirmjager said:
brew_boy said:
sorry pal, never knew Stephen Hawkin was in the infantry.
There may be a Stephen Hawkin in the infantry.

I know a certain Stephen Hawking who is not though.

Thick cunt aren't you? :)
I was wondering how long it would take you to pick up on that lol :wink:

Billy0le said:
brew_boy said:
Billy0le said:

wow i wish i was as clever as you, that way i could come on a forum and start abusing people i think are inferior.
I'll abuse you if you wish, although not in the same vein as your father did.

You hat cnut.

brew_boy said:
Hi all, looking for some advice,

I know my alphabet, I can read and write and also count to 10, am I over qualified to join 3 Mercian or is it all infantry units?
3 Mercian is an Infantry unit. There are plenty of thick toms in the Infantry, but promotion these days takes a fair level of intelligence.

brew_boy said:
Thinking of joining the infantry
Why are you joining? If you want excitement, adventure and all that balls - and accept that you might get blown to pieces for it - join the Infantry.

If you want something which will put you in good stead once you leave, look at other branches.