Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Thinking of joining soon - Female - 22 - Liverpool - Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, as stated above I am a 22 year old female. I am currently working a boring desk busting job in a call center and it's driving me crazy. The army is something i've always wanted to go into (but relationships/family situation has stopped me).

I have downloaded the fitness programme on the British Army website and taken the practice BARB tests / numerical tests and seem to be passing with flying colours.

I just really want some helpful advice off other females / males that would put me in the best position when i want to join.

How long does the joining process take? What kind of experience am i expecting? What is the interview process? If i was to join, where abouts could i go to?

Any help would be great, thanks...

The application/joining process can take anywhere from 3 months to 2 years, depending if you experience any deferrals along the way and also what kind of grade you achieved at adsc. Your experience in the army will obviously depend upon what kind of job you're applying for, but every recruit will go through phase 1 training, which will undoubtedly be the most mentally and physically exhausting experience of your life. The interview process is a bit of a grey area at the moment seeing as the whole application process has changed hands to a civilian organization, so i dont think many people know exactly what kinds of questions will be asked during the interviews anymore, but we do know that instead of having three interviews, you'll instead have just one big interview with the new process. Where you could go once you joined again depends on what job and regiment you choose, but you could be based all over the country as well as over seas bases like Germany.

Hi, as stated above I am a 22 year old female. I am currently working a boring desk busting job in a call center and it's driving me crazy. The army is something i've always wanted to go into (but relationships/family situation has stopped me).

I have downloaded the fitness programme on the British Army website and taken the practice BARB tests / numerical tests and seem to be passing with flying colours.

I just really want some helpful advice off other females / males that would put me in the best position when i want to join.

How long does the joining process take? What kind of experience am i expecting? What is the interview process? If i was to join, where abouts could i go to?

Any help would be great, thanks...

I was looking at that fitness programme out of idle interest not too long ago and to be honest, it's very gentle. If I had it to do over, I'd run most days - even just a couple of easy miles a day will give you a head start. Army love circuit training, so I'd chuck some of that in and go to Britmilfit on a weekend to get an idea of what army PT is actually like.

The application/joining process can take anywhere from 3 months to 2 years, depending if you experience any deferrals along the way and also what kind of grade you achieved at adsc. Your experience in the army will obviously depend upon what kind of job you're applying for, but every recruit will go through phase 1 training, which will undoubtedly be the most mentally and physically exhausting experience of your life. The interview process is a bit of a grey area at the moment seeing as the whole application process has changed hands to a civilian organization, so i dont think many people know exactly what kinds of questions will be asked during the interviews anymore, but we do know that instead of having three interviews, you'll instead have just one big interview with the new process. Where you could go once you joined again depends on what job and regiment you choose, but you could be based all over the country as well as over seas bases like Germany.

You'll be lucky

I notice that pretty much everyone puts the emphasis on physical training which is of course vitally important however it's also important to make yourself knowledgable on current affairs both home and abroad. I assume you are not applying for officer selection (you haven't stated) and as other posters have commented, the interview process seems to be in a state of flux ATM however the interviews are a hurdle that many people fail through a lack of general awareness. Read a selection of quality newspapers and watch the news so if you do get asked topical questions you get the opportunity to shine.

Oh, and beast yourself ragged as well! Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.