Thinking of joining Regular Army Regiment RMP

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by WannabeRMP, Mar 26, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

58.3%
  2. No

16.7%
  3. Its up to you (if you chose this can you please say why you have e.g Pro's and Cons etc)

25.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am thinking of joining the RMP in the regular army, and am looking for people's views and opinions on this as i am getting mixed views from both family and also friends!

I am currently engaged and am looking to get married soon (possibly before i go in the army) and have got a 9month old son!

I am 22, 23 in October and have always wanted to join the army, i did when i was 16 but my mom wouldn't sign the papers for me to go in then i got up to the things normal teenagers get up to and then wanted to re-join when i was about 19-20 i then started to get my self into shape as at this point i was not in shape as i had been out drinking all of the time with friends and eating crap (anyways getting off the subject here lol) and now before i know it i have got a new baby son who is 9months and a future wife but i have still got that wanting to join the army (which tbh i don't think is going to leave me unless i o in and join, even if it is for the minimum time)

The only real concern i have got is that my partner even though she said that she loves me and is behind me 100% may not be able to handle the fact that i am away for a long period of time and also that fact that my son may have to keep changing schools and also at the same lose track of what he is doing which may effect his grades!

What experiences have you guys had and what would you guys say, i know that RMP is a good career which also has good promotion prospects so in the long run would be good for me and also good for my family and this is why i have been torn between the question of should i join or shouldn't i join?????

Cheers Guys

2. dont be a big poof, put yourself first. Your thinking of joining the British army man up.

3. RMP at one point I believe had the highest divorce rate per head in the British Army and obviously there was a reason for this. Long distance relationships are hard work and there are a fair few birds in the RMP to tempt you away from what is back home. Think about what you really want, there is RMP TA if you dont want to go regular.

4. Why not join the TA for a bit and get a taste for what it's like?

5. If you want to be a copper join the Police Force.....

6. I love the way that people say if you want to be a copper join the police force but they don't offer what the army does in terms of me doing sports and also me getting to travel!

I know a lot of guys in the army don't like the RMP same as a lot of civi's dont like the normal police but hey its a regiment and at the end of the day is there for a reason if the army didn't need policing then they wouldn't have it would they plus i have heard that you get to do a lot of traveling in the RMP as well!

As for "manning up" i know i am thinking about joining the army but does that mean that i don't have to care about the woman i love anymore and also does it mean that i cant feel anything for anyone apart from myself and the army a little selfish don't you think, and i know personally that is not the case as i have a friend in who is posted away in the tank regiment and he is married and is happy but he ain't got no kids!

I just wanted points of view thats all!

7. Its actually a Corps :wink:

8. All you need to do is join the Corps and find your way into the Salisbury Plain Triangle. You can dissapear in there and never deploy for 22 years.

More seriously though, think very carefully if your other half has the slightest doubt about being able to handle seperation do not do it!

9. Corps? I thought RMP was part of the Provost Branch of the AG Corps following the last round of reorganisation.......

10. She is not in any doubt about being able to cope with the time apart she just don't want no harm to come to me which is understandable (but i have told her that there is danger of things happening anywhere even in civi street) and she is not really bothered about moving around if she has to in terms of barracks and she don't mind if i am sent over sea's either well she says she is not anyway!

11. the main thing i am bothered about though tbh is my sons schooling and also the fact that the army careers place is saying that i will be able to do power lifting and also travel is this the case?

As i have been told that they say one thing to get you in and then when you are there its another!

12. If you want powerlifting join the Logistics Corps

13. It seems like you will regret it if you don't join, so go ahead and do it!

14. All you need to do is join the Corps and find your way into the Salisbury Plain Triangle. You can dissapear in there and never deploy for 22 years.

More seriously though, think very carefully if your other half has the slightest doubt about being able to handle seperation do not do it!

15. Don't be a cnut! You won't have any mates except other Cnuts!