Thinking of going regular

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by 8chris4, Sep 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey

been thinking about applying to goto the regulars,i still have my adsc cetificate to say i passed selection for regualrs but i got a C grade,i dont know if me being a TA soldier who completed summerchallenge etc would make a diffrnce,my instructer on summer challenge was a catterick instructer for the 5 weeks he was there for and said hed write a letter to the recruiters saying that they should consider me,because i got a C grade i was advised to join the TA because so many guys where going in the carrers office getting A's and B's and id probably have to wait to my ADSC certificate ran out before i could try and get a better grade,i think ill go down and see them tommorow and see what they say.
  2. msr

msr LE

Best you ask them, I think they are pretty much full right now though. Have you addressed the issues which caused you to get a 'C'?

3. yeah my runtime was 11 + mins..bad i know but now its down to 9:17,i think ill pop down the town tommorow and see them.
  4. msr

msr LE

Best of luck.
  5. Chances are they'll make you do ADSC again for the Regulars but there's no reason you can't carry on with the TA until the day before your Regular start date (once you have one). The experience you gain with your unit in the TA will only benefit you when you go back to ADSC and join the Regulars.

Good luck!
  6. Just don't expect your training to be shortened because you're already in the TA. You'll have to do the whole lot - same as any other recruit.