Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Thinking of changing political party allegiance?

I think the middle class bolsheviks were always there, someone had to make sure that while the workers voted none of them got above themselves and actually tried to run the country. That's why Labour shut down the grammar schools, Wilson was a dangerous example and that sort of thing had to be stopped.
I'd also argue that the Labour movement is no more interested in the working man than is the Trade Unions it was set up to represent. Both see him as a useful source of money and power, just like the capitalists.

Of course you're left wing, you're public sector workers, you require a high tax economy to pay your wages and buy you all that gucci kit.

If only it weren’t for all of those pesky facts getting in the way of your tedious diatribe.

Most LAs, of all political persuasions, abolished grammar schools/selection in the sixties and seventies.

Margaret Thatcher holds the record as the SoS for Education who closed or merged the most Grammar schools for comprehensives.

When given the option to return to selection even leafy Tory suburbs like Solihull rejected it.

John Major’s offer of a Grammar school in every LEA had zero take-up and sank like a lead balloon.

Even middle class kids can fail their Eleven Plus.

Labour And DUP Hold Talks As Jeremy Corbyn Plots Brexit No Confidence Motion 'Before Christmas'

1544807544902.png

Local councils don't vote for the Cabinet. The cabinet is appointed by the Monarch (in your case) and by the President in mine. Not many people in the UK would complain about an unelected Head of State appointing the people who govern them because that government is drawn from democratically elected politicians and chosen by the PM who has been elected by the House of Commons.. I've never heard anyone suggest that they should have the right to directly elect a PM or Minister for Finance for instance.

When law making and treasury move to the EU, then we will be electing a EU government made up of the largest party the European Parliament. Much the same as democracies world wide chose their governments. There is no actual evidence that "Democracy is being gradually worn away in the EU".

Democratic, my as*e

"Europe's nations should be guided towards the super-state without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation."

Jean Monnet (Founding Father Of The EU in a letter to a friend 30th April 1952).).

It is important to keep voting, just put an X in all the boxes to spoil the vote.

That way you can see you were part of turnout, not the outcome.

We have our issues here yes. But your current Brexit Clusterfeck makes me glad that we have multiple checks and balances to our Government and a three tiered system. States rights and powers are also a wonderful thing that keeps things in check.

So rip the piss out of America for Trump but just realize that things are not nearly as bad as your media makes it out to be. At least he is willing to place America first before the interests of the world. You guys got bent over and are about to be served a shite sandwich. BTW we still love you.
As much as you did on16/12/1773?

We have our issues here yes. But your current Brexit Clusterfeck makes me glad that we have multiple checks and balances to our Government and a three tiered system. States rights and powers are also a wonderful thing that keeps things in check.

So rip the piss out of America for Trump but just realize that things are not nearly as bad as your media makes it out to be. At least he is willing to place America first before the interests of the world. You guys got bent over and are about to be served a shite sandwich. BTW we still love you.
Wot like having a HOS who can be hamstrung for a ten year period. Plus the campaigns are for eye watering amounts which won't be used for investment in the US itself

I’ll take your post at face value:mrgreen:

This was an event filled with seemingly progressive thinking types, the woman has a science degree

I would expect her to at least have an opinion one way or another.

TBH My “circles” are fairly varied and contain a wide range of the political spectrum. It helps with balance and stops the echo chamber effect.

Ah, "progressives".
That explains a lot.
It's another name for far left "liberals", who are about as illiberal as they come.