Thinking about re joining

I was in like 10 years ago for 3 years when i was like 17, anways i was a mouthy little **** back then and pissed allot of people off at my unit and left, 10 years on i m more mature and easier to get on with now and i m wanting a second chance, thinking about joining same regiment only different TA centre as its closer to me now where i live, do you think there will be people there who will still remember me? I am i gonna catch stick off people? I m guessing probably but what do you think? If i come across anyone from that time would a simple apology be enough for them? I really want to make this work for me as i am pissed off at myself for not seeing it through, also how has the TA changed in 10 years?

cheers guys.

I'd be surprised if there any many people still there from ten years ago. Plus how many are going to recognise or remember you from that long ago? I'd say give it a go, no point apologising unless you did something really out of order to one particular person, just show in the long term that you're a better person now and be a good soldier and team player.

Actions speak louder than words. Rejoin and put in a good effort. You'll never change the past but people can't judge a decent current performance. Everyones acted like a buffoon in the past and grown up. It happens. Like.

Thanks all, yes i do say like allot, something i need to work on, haha, anyways does anyone know what the CFT time is now, know its 6 miles now, with 60lbs for inf, but whats the pass time.

1.5 hours

Shortty said:
I'd be surprised if there any many people still there from ten years ago. Plus how many are going to recognise or remember you from that long ago? I'd say give it a go, no point apologising unless you did something really out of order to one particular person, just show in the long term that you're a better person now and be a good soldier and team player.
Nah! There won't be many left - or at least, there won't be many under the rank of corporal. :twisted:

And they won't remember you - just like mushroom and I don't remember each other, but then again, that was only 29 years ago... :roll:

FFS, of course there'll be somebody who remembers you! And others who will have heard of you if you really did make a name for yourself.

But that's not to say that you shouldn't consider rejoining. As you've mentioned, you've matured over the years and the people who considered you to be a plonker then will have experienced many more plonkers since.

Anyway, you've obviously got some interesting tales about your past - unburden your guilt and seek ARRSE forgiveness.

About the CFT - don't worry about the time, just keep up with everybody else.

grunt123 said:
I was in like 10 years ago for 3 years when i was like 17, anways i was a mouthy little * back then and pissed allot of people off at my unit and left, 10 years on i m more mature and easier to get on with now and i m wanting a second chance, thinking about joining same regiment only different TA centre as its closer to me now where i live, do you think there will be people there who will still remember me? I am i gonna catch stick off people? I m guessing probably but what do you think? If i come across anyone from that time would a simple apology be enough for them? I really want to make this work for me as i am pissed off at myself for not seeing it through, also how has the TA changed in 10 years?

cheers guys.
I went to a differnt TAC of the unit I transferred out of in 1989 and got spotted as soon as I'd walked through the door. This was two months ago!

I was lucky they closed my unit down and I moved far far away, so nobody remembers the noodle incident :D
Go for it and if they remember you as a loony, just say.. yeah I was a bit of a pr*ck back then wasn't I? and nobody will care as long as you put in a good effort this time.

Good luck