thinking about joining up BUT?

Do you still hear the 'voices'?

S

stabradop

Depends in circs, how long ago, how long did you have it, what meds you were on, and how bad was it basically.

pompey23 said:
when i was younger im 24 now i suffered from depression im wondering if this will stop me joining up?
It all depends on how long ago, how long it lasted for, what if any medication did u take, did u self harm etc.. these are all factors which determine if you are to be deffered or can join or not...

Im sure there are a few in this forum who are in the same boat as you who can give a better answer, but as always the best thing to do is speak to your local careers office..

it was very mild depression and i was on 10mg (the lowest dose) i suffered from it as i had bad self-esteam issues but im all fine now and have been for a good few years i was on them for 18mnths, i would lioke to join up and there are 2 sqdrns within 15min of me

H

Hedphelym

Sounds like it shouldn't be a problem - unless there is a straight nono if you have taken meds.
but, just make contact with those units and get the ball rolling. You will probably need a note from your doctor to say you are in the clear.

Get yourself along to your chosen unit and have a chat with your recruiting team there. AFAIK you have to be clear of all medication and symptons for 2 years. The recruiting team at your unit will be in a better position to inform you.